Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After Jailbreak (RedSnow) old apps don't work

Default After Jailbreak (RedSnow) old apps don't work
    I jailbroke my phone yesterday (2G, OS 3.0) and everything seemed to work fine.
    I installed Cydia as well, and it seemed to work fine. Winterboard as well as a theme worked too.

Unfortunately, all of the apps I had previously purchased no longer start. The opening screen comes up, then vanishes and closes immediately (as if I had hit the Home button).

The only thing I did was add a few repos to Cydia.

So far, after checking, everything else seems normal. I am able to call, SMS, email, check the "default" apps, Notes are still there and ********** stuff works fine.

Is this a common problem? Is there a good way to fix it? I haven't backed up anything, so I don't want to lose the aforementioned data if possible. I think my phone automatically backed up when I connected to my computer, though, which in about 30 minutes of reading the forums, seems to be a bad thing.

Thanks for any help you can offer-

i have the same problem with some apps too. this is because the app has not been upgraded to 3.0 compatability.

I had apps that did that, yes, after I upgraded to OS 3.0.

But that was when 3.0 launched, and I have used them a number of times since then, before jail breaking my phone. They were all in working order; at least 6 of them (Sudoku, Flight Control, Shazam for example) I used the same day I jailbroke my phone. After jail breaking, none of these, or any other App that I bought from the AppStore will work.