Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak possible without a home button?

Default Jailbreak possible without a home button?
    I have a 1st gen iPhone that I want to upgrade, it's a bit beat up. Still functions fine, it's just the home button no longer works.

Is there any possible way I can get the phone into DFU mode and jailbreak on 3.0?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Not that I'm aware of. Seems to me you should fix the Home Button, sure would make life easier for you.

I'm only using the phone temporarily since I'm waiting for a replacement part on my 3G. I took a look at the home button, but it doesn't seem to be connected to anything other than the receiver. Which also doesn't work now that I think of it. I figure it's probably that flex cable.. But which connector on the other end is responsible for connecting it to the phone?

I can just wait for my 3G. I was just sitting here full of boredom today and wanted to see if I could upgrade it.

Hmm I just looked at the charging jack flex cable and it looks like it's supposed to be connected to that, lol but it's not.
    Last edited by JA.3; 2009-07-27 at 03:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Try to find a post by member one1 or do a search for flex cable. He has a tutorial on how to replace it. If not, he is indeed the iPhone guru that can answer any question you may have.