Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with themes?

Default Need help with themes?
    I havent had an unlocked phone for a year and just unlocked my 3gs. Is there an app that will change individual things like the battery bar, slider etc. I downloaded winterboard but it only lets you change themes. I think it was called smbprefs or something like that on the 2g i had.

Winterboard changes those individual things but it depends on the themes that you download. If you download full themes then it will change the entire theme.

You could SSH into your phone and navigate to "/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx"and delete the parts of the themes that you do not like.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

i like the theme i have but I wish I could use the stl cardinals slider with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^again, SSH is the key to manipulating your themes. Take a look at this link. It will guide you to the wonderful world of themeing.

So here is what you do:

1. Download the Stl Cardinals slider onto your computer or onto your phone.
    2. Download OpenSSH from Cydia and follow this guide to learn how to SSH: SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki
    3. If downloaded onto your phone follow this step, if downloaded onto the computer skip to Step 4 SSH into "/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Cardinals Theme Name.theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework"
    4. SSH into "/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/THEME-NAME.theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework" and drag and replace all of the Stl Cardinals files into that folder.
    5. Respring device

can i do this on a mac

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Yes, same process for both.

i figured out how to ssh but I cant figure out once I access the phone through terminal, how do I take the stl cardinals slider and add it to the black darkness theme.

It is even simpler than messing with ssh, just make sure that the slider theme is above your main theme in winterboard and it will override that part of the theme so you can have both.

You can move themes in winterboard using the right hand side.

tried that. Put the cardinals them above it and it changed everything. The cardinals theme isnt at all what I want for a theme but the slider kicks ***.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    So here is what you do:

3. If downloaded onto your phone follow this step, if downloaded onto the computer skip to Step 4 SSH into "/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Cardinals Theme Name.theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework"
    4. SSH into "/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/THEME-NAME.theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework" and drag and replace all of the Stl Cardinals files into that folder.
    5. Respring device
    Quote Originally Posted by k6monster View Post
    i figured out how to ssh but I cant figure out once I access the phone through terminal, how do I take the stl cardinals slider and add it to the black darkness theme.
    It was step 3 in my post. Just SSH to the location I said in #3 and download that onto your desktop. Then SSH into the location in Step 4 and replace all the files in the TelephonyUI.framework folder. And for a Mac use Cyberduck to SSH, that is what I use and it works well.