Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Stability with BB 05.08.01

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak Stability with BB 05.08.01
    I'm new registration, been here for a while.. I was just wondering if anybody with the iPhone 3GS has ever upgraded to FW 3.1 and downgraded again to 3.0 and re-jailbreak your phone.

Reason asking is that a friend of mine has been on 3.1 beta firmware and has much better battery life and reception / signal pickup on his 3gs.

I have seen many people upgrading to 3.1 and having to downgrade since they could not unlock the phone, but what I wanted to do is to upgrade, and downgrade again so I could keep the newer baseband. I bought the phone through my local carrier so I dont care about Purplesn0w or Ultrasn0w, I just want better performance.

Skimming though some forums, I have seen people go back to a jailbroken state, but having issues with Cydia and 3rd party apps. They claim it's the baseband...

Has anybody here done this upgrade/downgrade routine for the baseband and have a stable phone with jailbreak? Again this is on the 3GS.

Cheers,
    JEB

I haven't noticed any problems at all being on 3.0 with the newer BB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Zal, I have tried with my 3G (not my GS yet) and have found that it will crash randomly, Cydia and a Intelliscreen, exact same settings on both phones.

Is it possible its the tool used to remove from error 0015 (Purplera1n) and also to JB I used Purp RC2.

Cheers
    JEB

The baseband shouldn't affect those applications. It's either bugs in the apps or in the OS.