Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems turning on my Itouch 2g

Default Problems turning on my Itouch 2g
    first post so be nice

ok so a little backround, 2g itouch, I have windows xp.

I couldnt get out of the facebook app. when i pressed the home button it was blinking but not leaving the account so i turned it off. Now it wount turn on at all!!! no light, no noise on my p.c if im holding down home + power.

Things I've tried
    every possible way of home + power button there is (there is about 5)

googled & googled it ..

searched this forum & others

and done this idea
    why dont you just connect your iphone to your computer then, click on the start up menu, click run and then copy and paste the dfu manually. heres the file:Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!. download that file that extract it to your c drive. afterwards copy and paste this:c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu in the "run" menu. it works for me all the time

can ANYONE help me with this. It was a present & I really can't afford another one

can anyone help with this
    Last edited by gav4now; 2009-07-16 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

#1. iPhone forum. There's a seperate iPod Touch forum to post in. No worries though, next time.

#2. Put your iPod into DFU mode. (How to do that here). It should come up in iTunes, forcing you to restore it. Click restore, and it will revert back to stock 3.0 firmware. Just curious, was this on stock, default firmware, or jailbroken? I'm guessing jailbroken right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    #1. iPhone forum. There's a seperate iPod Touch forum to post in. No worries though, next time.

#2. Put your iPod into DFU mode. (How to do that here). It should come up in iTunes, forcing you to restore it. Click restore, and it will revert back to stock 3.0 firmware. Just curious, was this on stock, default firmware, or jailbroken? I'm guessing jailbroken right?
    thanks I know how to put it into DFU mode but its just not working, i've went over the videos and how to's to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong. I've put my itouch into dfu loads of times so i know im defo not doing that wrong.

thanks for the advise.. prob why knowone else wrote back