Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone vs Itouch

Default IPhone vs Itouch
    I noticed that it would be cheaper for me to get the 16gb $200 Iphone 3gs than the $300 Itouch even with the IPhones 50+ dollar sales tax.

So now, would it be feasible to get this, unlock the phone some how without a SIM card and just use it as an Ipod? I'm fine with my phone currently, so the contract won't be an issue.

Any advice on how to accomplish unlocking the 3GS without a SIM Card?

Either you sign a 2 year service contract with ATT to get it at that price....which includes paying for the iphone data plan, or you pay full price of $599 and $699

yes I plan getting it with the contract, just want to make sure that I can Unlock and use the Iphone just as an Ipod without a SIM card and without using it as a phone.

So your going to pay a monthly contract voice plan + $30 iphone data plan every month for 2 years and not use it as a phone??

Vs. buying an ipod touch for $100 more?

Sorry Im missing the logic.

Thanks

?????????????

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

epic fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No. Plan is.

a)Get the Iphone.
    b)Cancel the data plan (it costs to much).
    c)Use my old cell phone.
    d)Unlock/Jailbreak Iphone without the need for a SIM. (hopefully)
    e)Use Iphone as Ipod

Need to know: Is it possible to Use Iphone 3GS without a SIM card.

if so, How do I go about doing so?

You forgot the part where you either return the phone or pay the first months service AND a early termination fee ($175)+ taxes...etc etc.

You cant cancel the Iphone data plan without cancelling the contract.

Dont you think ATT and Apple have thought of this "plan" already? Or everyone would be doing it.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-16 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks

lol, if you don't have the SIM...you lose ALL phone functions- you essentially have an iPod touch. After cancelling the contract and paying the ETF as well as buying the phone- you have already spent more money and time to do the same thing. Buy an iPod touch.

Geezey peezy.

I'm not canceling my AT&T contract. I'm just changing my plan to the regular data plan instead of the IPhone one. I'll still be using at&T, just not use the iphone for my service, but instead as a $200 16GB ipod touch with a camera.

is that not feasible?

Feasible yes, expensive yes.

Like I stated before, you CANT take the iphone data plan / iphone off the line without cancelling the contract.

So if all your concerned about is cost, buy an ipod touch. You cant screw Apple/ATT they have thought of everything. This question has been posted on here dozens of times.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Wow, making me dizzy.

Thanks

Ha ha Remosewa do u get it now??????? Lol

Seeing as I felt that it would be preposterous for a company not to let you change plans, I decided I'd call them and find out, not just speculate.

Turns out, you all were wrong. I can change plans whenever I want. Even if it is the Iphone Data plan. Just tell AT&T your not using your IPhone anymore and then they will change your data plan and you can go back to using your old phone. You will only be charged an early termination fee if you cancel your contract with AT&T, which is not the same as changing a plan.

The only way you wouldn't be able to cancel your data plan is if you were still using the iPhone. You could probably cancel the data plan, but they'd eventually find out you were still using an Iphone and reaply that plan.

Why go through all that trouble to save 70 dollars? It doesnt seem like a good idea to me. Plus there goes you're upgrade option for two years on you're phone.

And the ipod touch is a bit thinner and wont have a bunch of features all over the screen that you can not even use. Get the ipod touch.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

^ Seriously.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by remosewa View Post
    Seeing as I felt that it would be preposterous for a company not to let you change plans, I decided I'd call them and find out, not just speculate.

Turns out, you all were wrong. I can change plans whenever I want. Even if it is the Iphone Data plan. Just tell AT&T your not using your IPhone anymore and then they will change your data plan and you can go back to using your old phone. You will only be charged an early termination fee if you cancel your contract with AT&T, which is not the same as changing a plan.

The only way you wouldn't be able to cancel your data plan is if you were still using the iPhone. You could probably cancel the data plan, but they'd eventually find out you were still using an Iphone and reaply that plan.
    Well congrats on signing a 2 year contract with ATT to save $100. Lol.