Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgraded to 3.0 firmware and phone is stuck...

Default upgraded to 3.0 firmware and phone is stuck...
    i have the Iphone 3G.. i jailbroke it back in april using the pwnage on the iclairified website and it worked awesome ever since... well saturday i wanted to upgrade from the 2.2firmware to the 3.0firmware but i was in a little bit of a hurry... i guess i didnt take everything off with the old jailbreak software and when i did a restore/upgrade to the 3.0 it messed up pretty bad... all of my apps that i had in folders will not come up on the screen even though Itunes says they are there... i tried doing a restore to the 2.2 jailbreak firmware and it wont allow that or doing a restore to the 3.0 jailbreak firmware... i used pwange to do the 2.2jailbreak and i was trying to use redsn0w to do the 3.0 jailbreak... any help what so ever would be GREATLY appreciated fellas... i work on heavy equipment for a living so auto electric is what im use to not phones and lap tops... so im a little dumb when it comes to this stuff...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Go to Settings/General/Restrictions enable and then disable. Should bring them back.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-13 at 10:33 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

dirtymax08 (2009-07-13)

awesome.. i appreciate it that worked just like you said... but now what about getting it to jailbreak using redsn0w?? this is the website i used... is there a better one i should use??

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

but like i said in the original post it wouldnt allow me to jailbreak it... it kept coming up with and error saying the firmware wasnt valid...

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Could be an issue with you firmware. Are you using the one you downloaded through iTunes, or did you get it off the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used the one through iTunes and it works but the one I got off of the Internet to jailbreak the phone with the 3.0 firmware won't work... I've downloaded and tried twice and it's still not working.. Can some please help?????

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

When you open up redsn0w, the second thing you do is browse for firmware. Use the firmware you got through iTunes. After you follow the rest of the steps, your phone is jailbroken and you don't need anymore firmwares. What else are you talking about?
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

dirtymax08 (2009-07-14)

thanks ill try that tonight when i get off work... the version that my phones says it has on it is 3.0 (7A341).. but everytime ive tried to follow the directions on the link in post #3 it wont allow me to restore the phone using the provided firmware...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymax08 View Post
    thanks ill try that tonight when i get off work... the version that my phones says it has on it is 3.0 (7A341).. but everytime ive tried to follow the directions on the link in post #3 it wont allow me to restore the phone using the provided firmware...
    After you restore, you will download redsnow and you will use a firmware named iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw that there is a link for on the iClarified site.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

dirtymax08 (2009-07-14)

Default Help unbricking my 2G iPhone while updating to 3.0
    Well, it looks like my iPhone 2G is bricked and can't get out of restore mode. I downloaded the 3.0 ispw for 2G and did an update by holding alt/opt and clicked restore. Everything went as normal and it got stuck at at the end of the process after it said restoring on itunes and the status bar was all full. I let it sit for an hour and still stuck. Now, I tried going through pwnage again and it wont get past the apple logo. I get a error code (9). Then unplugged and tried again I got error (1618). It also gets stuck on a blank white screen during the process. HELP PLEASE!!!

thanks... i will give that a shot tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    When you open up redsn0w, the second thing you do is browse for firmware. Use the firmware you got through iTunes. After you follow the rest of the steps, your phone is jailbroken and you don't need anymore firmwares. What else are you talking about?
    thanks alot.. i guess i wasnt reading the fine print on the directions but it worked perfect... thanks alot man...
    Last edited by dirtymax08; 2009-07-15 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost