Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking question regarding 3GS

Default Jailbreaking question regarding 3GS
    Dear Members

I dont have an iphone 3gs yet, it will release here in Europe on the 31 juli.
    So i am a bit scared cause 3.1 firmware will be out very soon, now my problem is that if iphone gets sold with the latest 3.1 firmware on 31 juli. Will i then because of the baseband update not will be able to jailbreak it? or will i be able to jailbreak?

I dont care about the unlock, but i only want jailbreak.

Pls someone help me....

Thanks.
    Last edited by baadshah12; 2009-07-09 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

It all depends on the Devs. When the official version of 3.1 drops we'll just have to wait and see what the Devs do with it. Theres really no way to tell you 100% for sure what will happen but i believe in time they will have a 3.1 jailbreak. It probably wont happen the day after it drops or even a few weeks after. Just like with the 3.0 3G S jailbreak we just had to wait and see what the devs came up with.
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 2009-07-09 at 07:38 PM.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

yea thats right, but my question is that will i be able to jailbreak or not? cause i dont care about unlock, so for that matter baseband update will not be a problem. Just i can do a simple jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If they decided to fix the main way to get into the system hardware wise then you may have to wait longer. As stated by A_Dub, we will have to wait an see what Apple pulls.