Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stream music to car WITHOUT FM Transmitter??

Thanks

Default Stream music to car WITHOUT FM Transmitter??
    I was wondering if its possible to stream music to my cars radio on my iPhone 3G, WITHOUT buying a $80.00 fm transmitter?

I thought i heard of a JB'en App that did it.

If someone knows of a way or possibly a work around to accomplish what Im trying to do, please tell.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

Thanks

If your car has bluetooth you can.

Thanks

and if it doesnt?

also if it does, how can i do this task?

thanks!

Then buy a new car ;-)

My mother just got a 2010 Lexus with the new Bluetooth software that recognizes iPhone as a Media Player device... She can play all audio through the car.

Pre-2010 models apparently do not have this built in... Does anyone know of a way to make it work on standards bluetooth vehicles?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Do what I did, well if you can. I have a pioneer avic system that allows for a RCA (some cars have a 1/8") audio input or the full blown iPod input. Some radios will support this, but not all. If you pull the radio out you may find an aux input on the back. I know for a fact the new toyota trucks support an auxilary input right in the dash.

Thanks

so no way to do it wirelessly?

This is how I stream Iphone 3G music through car speakers:
    I bought a handsfree bluetooth Jabra SP700 speakerphone ($40). The Jabra can answer phone calls and stream music through your car speakers. You pair the Jabra just like any bluetooth headset. Calls can be heard through your car speakers also. And all wirelessly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckmdwn View Post
    This is how I stream Iphone 3G music through car speakers:
    I bought a handsfree bluetooth Jabra SP700 speakerphone ($40). The Jabra can answer phone calls and stream music through your car speakers. You pair the Jabra just like any bluetooth headset. Calls can be heard through your car speakers also. And all wirelessly.
    does your vehicle have Bluetooth in it? or do you just put on a certain radio station?

No my vehicle does not have bluetooth. I hit a button on the Jabra and I have to match the frequency on the radio station. The Jabra has a sexy female british accent that announces the radio station. She also announces the incoming calls.

sorry didnt pay close attention to your original post.
    Last edited by l0ckmdwn; 2009-07-12 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this whole conversation is kinda devoid of any knowledge of what the iphone can and cannot do... as well as what capabilities most car stereos have.

Simple Answer. There is NO way to make your iphone emit an FM radio signal that would be usable by the car radio/stereo.

Therefore, a bluetooth intermediary is pretty much necessary. I personally just have a stereo w/ an AUX input and it works so much better than any sort of FM modulation. I personally would rather not listen to music than to listen to it from an FM transmitter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can probably drop $30 or so on an FM transmitter that will hook up thru the headphone jack..but as the poster above me said

"I personally would rather not listen to music than to listen to it from an FM transmitter " and I agree.

I had an old XM radio setup that used an FM transmitter..the quality wasnt THAT bad and the best part was my brother could follow behind me (closely tho which ISNT recommended) and pick it up also.But after getting it finally installed in my AVIC-D3...its much MUCH better

Quote Originally Posted by Arisian View Post
    this whole conversation is kinda devoid of any knowledge of what the iphone can and cannot do... as well as what capabilities most car stereos have.

Simple Answer. There is NO way to make your iphone emit an FM radio signal that would be usable by the car radio/stereo.

I personally would rather not listen to music than to listen to it from an FM transmitter.
    What a ******.

Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter USB PenDrive/SD/MMC Slot - eBay (item 400058746076 end time Jul-28-09 20:33:08 PDT)

yes it's cheap, and from china, but it's surprisingly effective and works very well, however you might get some static when charging at the same time. Also the cable will break if not used gently and or reinforced.

I've been using this for almost a year now. I use this to stream radio from my 3G, and notice no static whatsoever. you will need to put the iphone volume at about 70-80% for there to be no static, any higher and you begin to get some, but at 70% it's completely clear.