Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Important question upgrading to 3.0

Default Important question upgrading to 3.0
    hey guys. ive been readin alot and DAMN people have problems after instaling the new 3.0 os. i have a 2g runnin os 2.1(5f136) do i have to do the update on itunes wen i plug my fone and its asks me if i want to update my iphone to 3.0? before jailbreaking it with the guide i found here on this website. Or do i juss leave the fone alone and do what the instructions say? my fone is working gud everything works well and i juss got it and i dont wonna mess it up. thnx

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You don't have to upgrade if you don't want too for sure. There are a bunch of new features with 3.0 and the 2G phone is so easy to do.
    So do not update iTunes if you want to stay where your at.

lol thnx but i think i asked the question wrong. I do want to update it to the 3.0 its juss am asking if i should first do the upgrade thru itunes and den follow the guide on this website? or do i juss do wat the guide says without updating it thru itunes wen it asks me.

its juss i c so many people having problems i dont want to go about it the wrong way.

Thanks

I never updated to 3.0 through iTunes first. I just created my jailbroken IPSW and did the restore through iTunes straight.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!