Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbreak/Redsn0w/Fullyjailbreak - please help head exploding

Default 3GS Jailbreak/Redsn0w/Fullyjailbreak - please help head exploding
    Hi

first post but please be assured I have tried my hardest to find the answer out to these questions.

I know you can jailbreak the 3gs with redsnow 0.8 which is GREAT

But why are the devteam asked For those of you who already own 3GS phones, the outlook is bright. As long as you have your personalized (signed) dfu/img3 files, youll always be able to jailbreak (even if you slip up and install stock Apple firmware in the future).

Why do we need to get these if redsnow works fine.

The only info I can find is that the 2 "IBEC" and "IBSS" files will be used when you jailbreak using pwnage tool but why do we need to use pwnage if redsnow is a-ok. I

Also I have used usbview to get my ECID code which I then put into the purplera1n site which then gave me a further file, is that the file which holds the "IBEC" and "IBSS" files or is that something different if so what is that?

I am really baffled now and any help much appreciated.

Thanks guys and gurls

From what I understand, the only use for the iBSS and iBEC files is for the future when Apple stops signing these files if you're using older firmware or if you accidentally update to 3.1

I mean you are fine for now. You don't have to get these files.

right so i think i know what my question really is then...

So will i ever need the "IBEC" and "IBSS" files?

Will redsn0w be developed to work on future apple releases ie 3.1 and up?

And if anyone knows the answer to this as I'm very interested...

Also I have used usbview to get my ECID code which I then put into the purplera1n site which then gave me a further file, is that the file which holds the "IBEC" and "IBSS" files or is that something different if so what is that? or do you use that file while jailbreaking using purplera1n system.?