Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did this happened to you?

Default Did this happened to you?
    i have an iphone 3g 2.2.1 and after i bought it, connected it to itunes, and there was an available update to version 3.0. so i download it and installed it on my iphone. but after that, the system is telling that my sim card is not supported and only the supported carriers can open the iphone. all you can do is do an emergency call. there's nothing i can do so i turned off my phone on that state. when i turned it on again, only the apple logo is there and not loading any further. it hanged or something and i cant turn it of either. is there anything i can do or am i dead? PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

i think you made a nice paperweight out of it.
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No, it didnt.

Default non official
    never had an iphone before?
    i think your problem is simple: you don't have an official carrier SIM card that can activate your iphone.
    only one solution: jailbreak power

but how can i perform a jailbreak if my phone hanged? i turned on my phone but only the apple logo is showing. i cant turn it off either. how can i open the DFU while my phone hanged?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

DFU mode, restore in iTunes. Re-jailbreak using RedsnOw. This will solve your problems.

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

thank you very much for the help. i will try it now and see what happens. this site is awesome. all iphoneaholic can help each other. cheers to the moderators! thanks again.