Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: to all of you who have installed winterboard..

Default to all of you who have installed winterboard..
    I cannot get it to work on my 2g. all unlocked and jailbroken, cydia installs it but then when i reboot it goes to the apple logo and shuts down everytime... i have done this about 4 times and cant get it...

what am i doing wrong?

OMG, no one has any input on this??
    Last edited by dvigue; 2009-07-08 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

I would suggest restoring your phone in iTunes, set up as a new phone. (Do not sync your phone from a back up yet). Then re-jailbreak it. Install winterboard and see if this cures the problem. Sounds like just a file got corrupted, no worries you'll be fine.

can i get back all my apps that i downloaded?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
    can i get back all my apps that i downloaded?
    You should be able to get back everything that you previously backed-up in iTunes.

even though i set it up as a new phone? also, how can i make sure that it does not automatically restore from a previous backup?

Thanks

^ +1, sync to iTunes when you are finished with the restore and jailbreak. Confirm everything is working before you sync, sometimes problems can be caused by syncing to an old back up. This will save you a possible headache.

where can i find my backups? like if i wanted to delete them?

Thanks

where can i find my backups? like if i wanted to delete them?
    All you have to do is set it up as a new phone and your good to go. Try my method I described above, at least you will know if that was your problem.

yeah im doing that now. but..would i be able to get my pictures back from the backup?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

even though i set it up as a new phone? also, how can i make sure that it does not automatically restore from a previous backup?
    You need to select restore as "new phone", and it will restore your iTune contents (previously backed-up by you) as if it was a brand new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    You need to select restore as "new phone", and it will restore your iTune contents (previously backed-up by you) as if it was a brand new phone.
    oh crap, i just restored and jailbreaked and i never slected new phone? do i have to do that all over again? i have not synced yet...

If you saved your pictures ti iPhoto or what have you before you restored you can just put them back on the phone from there. Your apps are linked to your iTunes account, so you can sync those again no problem. Try Winterboard again now that you've already done the restore/re-jailbreak just in case. Otherwise be sure to set up as a new phone next time.

i have not synced yet,and winterboard WORKS!!!

now what? what should my next step be??? thought i was not suppose to sync?>

now that i got winterboard to work, cna someone shwo me in cydia where to Dl themes? i only see like 5 there.what other sources should i get for them
    Last edited by dvigue; 2009-07-08 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok, now if everything works properly, if you want you can sync from a back up if you want. If this causes a problem, repeat the process and do not use the back up. easy

There are several people here that have helped you, don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button for them my friend.
    Enjoy.........................O_o