Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings install without freeze now on 3G?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default SBSettings install without freeze now on 3G?
    I've tried jailbreaking numerous times on 3.0 OS and every time I try to install SBSettings on my 3G it freezes up and I have to reboot several times and it's very annoying. Is this problem fixed yet, or will it install fine through Icy?

Thanks

I downloaded SBSettings recently, and it worked fine for me. I had no problems. I was doing a lot of testing by installed heaps of different apps to see which ones worked and didnt etc, but currently dont have it installed now. When did you last install it?

Thanks

I think it was the first 3.000 version and it froze up on me during installation and then I synced with iTunes still with the frozen screen and was finally able to turn it off, once it restarted it was fine and worked. I just don't want to deal with the freezing up part anymore.

Thanks

Yeah i know what ya mean! well ill give it a install now and see how it goes, its annoying having to restore etc!

Just installed SBSettings with Apply Congrency (SBSettings Theme that goes real well with the stock iphone look), at first i had a spining circle (the loader) and thought great now ill have to restore, but all it took was a hard reset, and its working fine This is version 3.0.1, and there is a nice feature, when you click on Processes, under the current processes, you can choose "Free Memory" and it automatically free's ram something handy to have . Anyway, so SBSettins is working fine on my iPhone 3G on 3.0.
    Last edited by lach; 2009-07-08 at 04:17 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

Ozzyman500 (2009-07-08)

Thanks

Nevermind. Will the hard reset still work with the frozen screen? I just went home at lunch and jailbroke and back at work and iffy if I should give it a shot.

Just installed it! No problems at all except I had to reset phone and it showed up! Awesome.
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-07-08 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah my phone was frozen in cydia with the spinging loader, then a hard reset brought it back to normal as you said.