Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help!!! -

Default Need Help!!! -
    All,

Finally I am going to get Unlocked/Jailbroken 3G iphone. Since I am novice, I would like to get some clarifications.

1. What are all the initial steps I need to take in terms of downloading software such as iTunes etc., once I get the unlocked phone?

2. Do I have to call AT&T and give the IMEI no. to activate or do I have to just put the existing sim card which I use at present with my b.berry.

3. Unlocked phone comes with Cydia or do I have to install it? If so, where can I download it?

4. Other tips / tricks for novice users.

I really appreciate your time. I am eagerly waiting to get my phone and play around with that...

Thanks all!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javapoet55 View Post
    All,

Finally I am going to get Unlocked/Jailbroken 3G iphone. Since I am novice, I would like to get some clarifications.

1. What are all the initial steps I need to take in terms of downloading software such as iTunes etc., once I get the unlocked phone?

2. Do I have to call AT&T and give the IMEI no. to activate or do I have to just put the existing sim card which I use at present with my b.berry.

3. Unlocked phone comes with Cydia or do I have to install it? If so, where can I download it?

4. Other tips / tricks for novice users.

I really appreciate your time. I am eagerly waiting to get my phone and play around with that...

Thanks all!!!
    Welcome to MMi
    You can download iTunes from Apple. com
    If is unlocked you can just put you sim in and should be fine.
    Search the forum for tips and tricks, there are a million or you can ask a specific question.Search the forum and you will be amazed. You will find an app icon with Cydia on the phone, there you will find all kinda of 3rd party apps, tweaks and themes.
    Enjoy.