View Poll Results: Purplera1n or Redsn0w

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purplera1n

131 63.90%
  • Redsn0w

74 36.10%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g[s] Jailbreak/Unlock Redsn0w vs. Purplera1n

Hey does sn0wing over ra1n remove Freeze or not?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ no

I cant find the .ipsw file in the apple 3.o d/l. Using windows 7 and a 3g iphone.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetfuel495 View Post
    Hey does sn0wing over ra1n remove Freeze or not?
    To remove Freeze (Not just hide it with SBsettings), install CyDelete from Cydia. Close Cydia then hold your finger on "Freeze" until it wiggles like the iPhone native apps. Click the "X" in the corner and Freeze will be deleted.
    Last edited by maggieaco; 2009-07-21 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got my 3GS from Singapore Singtel. Can i still use Purplera1n to Jailbreak? Any difference from AT&T?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

no difference

hey. Now i have jailbreak using Purplera1n and my phone can't be call through as well as for SMS. ;( HELP ;(

Ok, so I jailbroke using purplera1n, and everything (except the sms wallpaper) seemed to work fine. Only problem, now the phone wont sync to itunes. When I did try to sync, it jacked all my apps from the app store...they were listed as being transfered to itunes, but then disappeared. The phone then freaked out. Showing only the apple logo on a dark startup screen or nothing at all, till i managed to connect in recovery mode. I recovered, and used a backup, but did NOT re-break the phone. Now I STILL CANT SYNC, even with the stock software. I plan to re-JB the phone, but was wondering if anyone has had this problem or a solution? I'm addicted to the mods, and using this stock bs is killing me. Does the phone hold residual code from past jailbreaks? (i've used pwnage, sn0w, zip, in the past and usually restore from backup...) If so...how would I delete it? Thanks,

Just make sure you set the phone up as a new phone after you restore and not from a backup and you should be fine. I dont see this as a problem caused by purplera1n....just restore, set up as new, purplera1n, walla!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I had considered that option, but have tons of contacts...do you know a way I can pull the contact list without the phone being jailbroken?

Thanks

Sync it with "Address Book" on your Mac when you sync... They'll all be transferred to the computer then.
    Respect your elders.

^Agreed
    You will always have the ability to sync your Contacts, iCal, Pictures, Music, and Apps when setting the phone up as new...you really only lose your settings, SMS, Mail, recent calls etc..

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by skyeking69 View Post
    Used Win and Purplera1n on 3GS everything works except can't
    load SMS themes in Winterboard...anybody else ?
    Can't load Winterboard themes on my 3gs either.

Which themes arent loading?

I have to say that I had to restore twice unfortunately thanks to iTypefastr and battery drainage issues from restoring from backup. Both times I decided to jailbreak with redsn0w and I don't have any issues. Only thing I can't do is theme my keyboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 3GS, Apps closing abruptly --- Redsn0w Jailbreak

Has anyone had any problems with opening apps? Whenever I try to open from settings Cylay, wallpaper etc, etc it closes abruptly and it takes me back to the homescreen! That is driving me crazy... The only recently apps I downloaded from Cydia other than themes was StatusNotifier and Kate. Which I deleted both thinking that could be the problem. But it hasn't help... So if any one knows of a tweak or what I need to do... Please let me know. I'm also having problems with some cydia downloads, I get a missmatch error. I truly would hate having to restore and jailbreak again.

Unable to open from settings:
    Wallpaper
    Store
    Cylay
    Nike + iPod

From General:
    About

uhmmm...I'm reading that everything goes ok with Purplera1n...I've some problems to upload cydia... iphone shows me some errors and I can't upload 2 Essental Upgrades (Core Utilities and Cydia Instaler package)... Somebody knows some solution? thx

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    I used both the first and second build of Purplera1n for my 3G S. They both worked perfectly fine. My phone was jailbroken in less then 4 minutes both times.

IMHO Purplera1n is the fastest and easiest jailbreak method I've ever used. I havent noticed anything not working yet. Push works fine as well.
    Hi my 3GS was locked too 02 network UK, I wanted three network, I used purplera1n, then freeze, repo666..... using the pay as you go sim for 02 (bought one), reset NOTHING,it went back to saying wrong sim detected go to itunes,I did this 3 times still nothing, what did I do wrong?.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just want to unlock/jb my 3g, can i use redsnow? will it work to unlock and jailbreak my phone? i currently am using a gevey turbo sim and i have tmobile service. it works ok but sometimes i lose service and for some reason my internet stopped working after like the 2nd week.

Use Redsn0w to Jailbreak the phone. Then add the repo for Ultrasn0w in cydia http:// repo666.ultrasn0w.com, that is a zero in snow not and o.
    Then search fro ultrasn0w and install it. That will unlock the phone.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

John1177 (2009-08-26)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast