View Poll Results: Purplera1n or Redsn0w

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purplera1n

131 63.90%
  • Redsn0w

74 36.10%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g[s] Jailbreak/Unlock Redsn0w vs. Purplera1n

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Warming up my hammer throwing arm
    hmmmm, have added to the "Special" list.

lol, go ahead. Static IPs and the ability to make new accounts always win.

So I have a jailbroken 3GS with purplera1n. My dad got a new 3GS and I figured I'd give redsn0w a shot. Well, Cydia refuses to work. It opened once and when I tried to use it it crashed mid upgrade. Now it won't open at all. I tried rejailbreaking which should reinstall cydia but it STILL won't open. I don't know for sure if this is a redsn0w problem but overall it was a horrible experience compared to purplera1n. Even purplera1n RC1 worked better for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    lol, go ahead. Static IPs and the ability to make new accounts always win.
    You are already a proud owner of 2 infractions, shall we make it 3?
    If you don't like it here then perhaps it's time to move on to another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You are already a proud owner of 2 infractions, shall we make it 3?
    If you don't like it here then perhaps it's time to move on to another forum.
    Make it 3, I care so deeply. Haha. Mods here make me laugh at their inability to respectfully moderate a site.
    You bring this upon yourself. Respect, it must be earned.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-11 at 05:11 AM.

FINALLY BANNED!!!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Oops....did I do that

Thanks

Oh look, wePhone has a new title under his name.
    Let the games begin. I'll bet he'll be back tonight.

^LMAO I think its been a long time coming with that one...

Here's to my 400th post

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    ^LMAO I think its been a long time coming with that one...

Here's to my 400th post
    Congrats........now catch up

haha Im working on it man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    haha Im working on it man
    Nice job buddy

PROBLEM SOLVED:

After screwing around with the permissions of MobilePhone.app all day, I stumbled upon a post Edit: site name removed.( pointing the finger at VoiceMailForwarder - that app Saurik wrote which he charges for in the "Cydia Store" - well guess what folks? that was the problem! It was the sole source of the problem! I uninstalled VM Forwarder and now I'm golden again! Everything works perfectly.

How can we notify Saurik? I think his email address is in Cydia somewhere...I'm gonna check...

Oops - never mind - not Saurik - I emailed the dev. Info was in Cydia store.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-11 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wow, it's really flattering so many people love purplera1n!! to be honest the dev team has so many zombie followers I figured everyone would go running to redsn0w when it was released. geohot really tried his hardest to make purplera1n everything that redsn0w wasn't, and he really pulled it off! the original plan was to make it a 10 second jailbreak, but it turned out to be far more difficult then we anticipated, but 30 second jailbreak is still awesome I think. on a technical level, I believe purplera1n is superior to resn0w as well. the lower level firmware patches are much cleaner, and don't require the firmware to be flashed decrypted like redsn0w does. as for the kernel patches, there's no more messing with ldid for signing binaries, everything is allowed to run unsigned! my only complaints with purplera1n is it leaving the freeze.app on there, and having to reboot once it's done, but those things, and more will all be fixed in the next version .

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2009-07-11), derekthered (2009-07-12), Melech518 (2009-07-11)

Ok so i have a 3G running 3.0 will purplera1n work for it?

Does anyone else have battery charging issues? I have a 3gs on AT&T jailbroken with purplera1n and sometimes the battery stops charging. Yesterday it stopped at 72% and the battery icon showed the little plug icon instead of the lightning bolt. Right now it's stuck at 99%. Actually, wait, as I'm typing right now, it went down to 98% and it still shows the plug icon over the battery. Help please?

Ok, so I stumbled onto a post yesterday on apple.com touching upon these issues. I belive some of wat is going on has to do with a bug in the 3.0 software that 3.1 should fix. Although, a restore to original firmware and then using ra1n again most of the time corrects this issue.

EDIT: It was on Muscle Nerd's twitter
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-07-12 at 12:55 AM.

Oh I see. Sounds good, guess I'll give that a go. I also heard that loss of service was also a general complaint as well?

Thanks

Thanks ninja and geo for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    those things, and more will all be fixed in the next version .
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-11 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    wow, it's really flattering so many people love purplera1n!! to be honest the dev team has so many zombie followers I figured everyone would go running to redsn0w when it was released. geohot really tried his hardest to make purplera1n everything that redsn0w wasn't, and he really pulled it off! the original plan was to make it a 10 second jailbreak, but it turned out to be far more difficult then we anticipated, but 30 second jailbreak is still awesome I think. on a technical level, I believe purplera1n is superior to resn0w as well. the lower level firmware patches are much cleaner, and don't require the firmware to be flashed decrypted like redsn0w does. as for the kernel patches, there's no more messing with ldid for signing binaries, everything is allowed to run unsigned! my only complaints with purplera1n is it leaving the freeze.app on there, and having to reboot once it's done, but those things, and more will all be fixed in the next version .
    You guys did a phenomenal job with purplera1n! We will continue to support purplera1n and both you and geo and the rest of the team with all future projects. Thanks for everything

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast