Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Purplera1n No Push Notifications

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS Purplera1n No Push Notifications
    Hey everyone I'm sure this is somewhere in the forum, but I can't find it.. I searched and couldn't find a fix.

Basically I jailbroke my phone using purplera1n yesterday and today I noticed that every time I click my AIM application it says "reconnecting..." at the top. Before it didn't do that because of push notifications.

So I went into my settings and the push notifications option isn't there anymore.

If I don't find a fix right now it's fine, maybe I just need to restore and rejailbreak with redsn0w or something.

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know, that'd be awesome! I'm not new to jailbreaking, just this time it's giving me troubles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

I'm a legit AT&T customer as well as MobileMe. After jailbreaking with purplera1n (RC2 Windows), Push no longer worked with MobileMe.

I was able to fix it by going to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings and then deleting and recreating my mobileme account on the phone. Perhaps one of those steps wasn't necessary, but it wasn't alot of effort and it worked.

If I were you, I would try the Reset Network Settings, then delete AIM and reinstall it. That might fix it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

GrabYourWeapons (2009-07-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Fixed it awesome, thank you so much! I thought I did a network reset, but I guess I did this before this happened haha for another reason.

Thanks again!!
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic