Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help asap.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Need help asap.....
    Im about to hang myself in the shower over this LOL

I downgraded my iphone to 114 so i could change my imei w/ ziphone and unlock with iliberty. Once that was done I then upgraded to 3.0 via custom firmware here(homeofmagic.blogspot.com) to keep my unlock and imei change. Everything works fine including the mms hack, BUUUT......every once in a while my phone randomly shuts down.....it could be during an incomming call or when im using cydia....spinning wheel of death and then it shuts down. I can reboot and it fixes it for a bit but it always comes back. Also my battery icon is never correct.....it might show 100% but after 2 reboots its in the red....also when charging the battery indicator never moves unless i reboot to show waht the actual level is.

ive restored to an unjailbroken firmware and used redsnow to jailbreak, not unlock and i still get the error. Im thinking it must be something with me keeping the unlock from 114.......any thoughts?
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This sounds like classic hardware failure to me. The crashing and battery issues have nothing to do with the unlock/baseband.

Thanks

ahhhh...thx for the response. I guess thats the chance u take when buying off of craigslist.

Hi i have a 3G iphone and im trying to change my IMEI number. i have tried alot of different methods and i cant seem to do it, any info on how i can do this would be appreciated. cheers.
    iphone 3G version 3.0 (7A341)
    modem firmware 04.26.08

Last edited by kylekenno; 2009-07-07 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Not possible to change IMEI on 3G iphones... they are not downgradeable like the 2G ones.

oh right, is there any way of spoofing the IMEI ?
    the problem is that im using my ex contract phone and i have tried to connect with a vodafone sim, vodafone have told me my IMEI is black listed with them for some reason and cant explain or do anything when i went in store. i am still only able to use o2. any ideas ? its driving me mad ! cheers

Thanks

just an update.....it appears to have something to do with my sim or the comm board. The phone never shuts down in airplane mode and boots everytime i take the sim out. Ill pop the sim in and the phone works fine but always shuts down at some point......bah!!!