Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me understand

Default Please help me understand
    Can anyone clarify please?

I currently have an iphone 3g with the jailbroken 2.2.1 firmware cracked via QuickPWN.

I am starting to get anoyed because all the itunes apps are updating to the 3.0 software and will not install onto my 2.2.1 version plus there are already alot of new 3.0 apps on the app store and i can not download them, but i do not want to loose my jailbroken status.

If i do the 3.0 update can i jailbreak it? Will it have Cydia and Winterboard? Will it be the same as a jailbroken 2.2.1? Do you loose any jailbroken features?

If there is a way could some one show e the step by step method for PC please?

Yup you can jailbreak it and have everything like it was before.

Really? Thats great news, how do you do it?

Check our home page (news page) for a huge thread about "Redsn0w" if your on WinPC or "Pwnage" if your using a Mac.

I have read the front page but i still do not quite understand the process. I think i am missing a few steps from the front page as the pictures do not want to download in my browser. Is there another step by step somewhere?

It's on the front/news page go through them.......

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...d-windows.html

Is that the right one? If it is all the feedback says winterboard does not work.

The one I linked in my last post is the right one.

The one you linked is for a 3GS, like it says.

Ok thanks, i think i have got it now, so once i have completed this process everything will be the same as a jailbroken 2.2.1 ? All the Cydia apps, sources and themes will work?