Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G battery life decrease after 3.0 JB

Default iPhone 3G battery life decrease after 3.0 JB
    Wondering if anyone else has noticed a battery life decrease after jailbreaking 3.0.

I didn't run 3.0 stock long enough to compare, but compared to 2.2, my 3.0 JB battery life certainly seems shorter. Note that I'm not experiencing the drastic overheating/battery drainage issues that others were but perhaps 20-30% less battery life.

Is it possible it could be the jailbreak? I doubt it, but I'd like to find out just in case.

At this point the battery icon has lost its first two bars and I'm at about 1.5 hours of usage with 7 hours standby and 9 hours in airplane mode. I haven't used it much though - just light texting, very light browsing and mail checking and a few short phone calls... not sure why it's hit 1.5 hours lol or why it's already down two bars! It feels like it shouldn't be down two already - one would be reasonable.

Alternatively, I run from full charge to 30% in one day with light wifi use, some tweeting, moderate texting, some phone calls... it seems like it should be around 50% compared to what it used to be. Is this possible or is it just my imagination?

I have already restored as a new phone and Push is off both in general settings and for Mail (set to manual fetch) - it's technically 'on' in Mail but only for Calendars and this is how I've had it forever.

I did notice that the App Store now pushes update notifications - could that be part of it?
    Last edited by kabutar; 2009-07-06 at 09:45 PM.

huh... i did too notice the battery life ain't so great on these 3Gs... but i don't know if it's the jailbreak thing... i too haven't had it for long before i jailbroken it. need a car charger now....