Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i want to, i want to jailbreak butttt

Default i want to, i want to jailbreak butttt
    hello i want to jail break my iphone 3g with os 3.0 but i not sure if i should. i was going to spend money on an ipod 8gig just to jailbreak it and test on that. what should i do. i want to change my icons and wall paper and all the other stuff i can do with it. is there a jailbreak version for the os3.0?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Yup sure is, many threads on this already. Do a search for what your looking for.

Yes a jailbreak for 3G 3.0 is possible. It's pretty self-explanatory, you just have to use redsn0w. Either way, here are some tutorials for it.

Windows Tutorial: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    OSX Tutorial: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Mac)
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

so i shouldn't go out and get a ipod just to jailbreak it and just do it to my iphone?

No because if anything goes wrong you can just restore to a stock apple firmware in iTunes.

Just be sure to backup your phone before you start messing around with it. To backup connect the device to the computer and right click on it in iTunes. There should be a "Backup" option.

ok jailbreak went well i think its working good. anything i can do to test it out to make sure it works. now what can i do? what about changing the icons and all the other good stuff. to down load from cynda it is free? should i have restored my back up first before i started redsnow?

ok what about cracked games you know how to do that? how do i change my wallpaper and icons? also how can i change my signel bars?

Thanks

No talk about cracked anything!!

Thanks

ok so what about the wallpaper stuff and changing the signal bars and stuff like that?

Install OpenSSH and Winterboard on the phone. Winterboard changes the themes (including wallpapers and sliders) and OpenSSH allows you to access the files on the iPhone.

use the search feature, you can learn many things by trying to look before starting threads that have been covered many many times
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Edited: (Sorry late to the answer) lol, forgot to refresh since I opened the page and went to do some work.

helo ok cool thank you. umm last question when i jailbreak my phone do i restore on itunes to bring my music and apps back? if not then how do i get my music and apps back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charles3526 View Post
    helo ok cool thank you. umm last question when i jailbreak my phone do i restore on itunes to bring my music and apps back? if not then how do i get my music and apps back?
    Yup, sync with iTunes before you begin and it will all be there waiting when you return, lol

ok so what are the best apps to get from cydia?

SBSettings
    Five Icon Dock
    OpenSSH

ok i did the jailbreak but when i plug into itunes do i "restore from back up or do i make a new iphone? i did a restore from back up and it restored my iphone :-(

i actually finished my restore and noticed that my cydina,winterboard apps are still there so i guess i did it with out taking anything out. i guess it was a restore i was thinking about.
    Last edited by charles3526; 2009-07-15 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

You should always restore as new phone. Usually when you restore from backup it wipes all the jailbreak off of it.

humm maybe thats why i can't get winterboard to change themes. would it wipe everthing out? i mean i still have my two themes and i can ssh into my phone. how can i tell if the full jailbreak is still there? would it do it only half way? maybe i will just do a restore and then rejailbreak. i thought if you do a recover from back up that gives you all your apps and music from itunes and thats all. i didn't do a restore i did a recover from back up. is that the same thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast