Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrade 3.0 to 2.x.x TRIED EVERYTHING

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default downgrade 3.0 to 2.x.x TRIED EVERYTHING
    searched all over here and other forums. nothing has worked. tried in dfu mode get error 1600. tried in normal recovery mode and got error 20. Done these numerous times. FACK ! anything else to try ?

im in the same boat this sucks cause i have no way to get my contacts nore get anything from my backed up when i was on the 2.2.1 software i hope we cann get a downgrade very soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i know. its my gf phone and she doesnt like it. im glad i didnt decide to try it out.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure why you want to downgrade... 3.0 seems to be running just dandy for me. Anyway, I don't know if you've tried this yet but here you go anyway.

[Tutorial] How to Downgrade from 3.0 to 2.2.1 - Hackint0sh

Simply download 2.2.1 firmware and then go to iTunes and hold shift and click the restore button. This allows you to choose the firmware file you want to restore to. I am doing this as I quite enjoy custom SMS themes, which aren't supported on 3.0 yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

holding shift and restore doesnt work. i tried numerous times. she wants to downgrade because she likes sms layouts and keyboards. and the landscape txt is too sensitive. i'll try the link posted above.