Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Baseband , ITUNES ERROR 1011

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default No Baseband , ITUNES ERROR 1011
    Ok so i bout this phone off ebay hoping i can fix it .. i have got it to boot up using pwnage and 3.0 but i have no baseband , my wifi is greyed out, and all my info in the about sec is blank. after 2 days i have narrowed it down to not having a baseband as my issue.. i have read i need to virginize it (reflashing the baseband i guess?) anyways with me being on 3.0 i have found know help or tools for doing what needs to be done so i come here asking for ANYONES help or suggestions. Also if all else fails will replacing the comm bord fix my problem? thanks

Have you or the previous owner tried putting it into DFU mode and restoring it to a stock firmware?

How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks

Yes i have spent so much time with this thing i'm the last 2 days it's not funny... no matter what I restore to I get the 1011 error the only way I can get the phone out of recovery mode it to run pwnage with 3.0! but then none of the baseband eraser tools work with 3.0 ..so when I go into the general>about section everything it's blank .. Idk what else to Rey I have one more combination of thing to try to get the restore to reflash it but idk what the previous owner used on it or what frware he had sonthat makes it a little harder

downgrade it to 2.x.x or 1.x.x

Thanks

tried the only ones i havent tryed are 2.xx... im gonna try thoes today.. if those fail any other advice?

it's a very hard spot....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The baseband is not downgradeable so restoring to a previous firmware won't help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The baseband is not downgradeable so restoring to a previous firmware won't help.
    right now i have no baseband at all... i can jailbreak and activate the phone with pwnage and then kick it out of recovery mode with "rock you phone" but it still has no info... and i keep getting the 1011 rerro in itunes and the "restore needed " iphone can not make or receive calls message... is there anyway i could use pwnage to install anything that gonna give me a baseband or anyway i can manually push it into the phone via ssh? i will run pwnage again so i can get into the about section and show you guys exactly what im talking about. and thanks again for the help guys

i couldnt get a pic with my 3g but this is how tings look.

Wi-Fi Address N/A
    Bluetooth 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IMEI Blank
    ICCID Blank
    Modem Frimware Blank

Can anyone think of anything else to try bc i am lost....
    Last edited by bftiedt; 2009-07-06 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not sure what you've done. Is it a 3G or 2G?
    Installing Rock Your iPhone is a good way of screwing things up.
    What happens when you put your phone in DFU (not restore) mode and restore to FW 3.0?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Lol I didn't do it the guy I got it from did... When do that it gives me a 1011 error in iTunes ... Then I use rock your phone to boot it out if recovery mode ... Then it says searching where ATT should be and the it says restore needed every now and then ... I'm sure it's a baseband problem I just don't know how to fix it... Also it is a 2g
    Last edited by bftiedt; 2009-07-06 at 01:10 AM.

If it's a 2G there are so many ways you can totally screw it!

Good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Is there anyway to try and install the baseband thru command line, like terminal or anything like that. Everything else on the phone works great so I think I could get my $116 dollars back if I put it back on eBay but I really really wanna figure it out... Any ideas ? If I try downgrading to 1.0.2 and go all the way back up don't I need to downgrade my iTunes? I tried with 7.5 and got the common 16xx errors a few times..

do you guys think if i downgraded to 1.02 and virginized it ,it might bring it back to life? also if i did do this what version of itunes should i run?
    Last edited by bftiedt; 2009-07-06 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Run it through KiPhone and see what you get.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your Baseband Using KiPhone

2Gs are fun since you can completely hack the **** out of the baseband.

Thanks

this one shows no baseband , modem frimware, iccid , imei, sound, no nothing lol i wish i knew what happen to it before i got it to get it like this lol

well nothing worked so i think im goin to see about getting a comm board for it because i think that mine has went bad
    Last edited by bftiedt; 2009-07-07 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost