Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IBEC And IBSS...?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question IBEC And IBSS...?
    Hey guys, im trying to get these two files from my 3GS before i jailbreak, Im following this guide here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows)

I have followed it 100% and got the two folders:

However upon closer inspection i seem to have the same file twice, that being the ibec file and no ibss

Anyone have any ideas

Smile reply
    there is a youtube video that shows you exactly how to get those files. speaking of those files.. i jailbroke my iphone today with purplerain. i did not see anywhere on the program where i needed those two files. i need a reminder how important those files are now that i have jailbroken my iphone without those files.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks, i found the video and got the files in one go As for not needing them im not sure, they just said it would be good to have them in case you need it for a future unlock

Quote Originally Posted by linkrz View Post
    there is a youtube video that shows you exactly how to get those files. speaking of those files.. i jailbroke my iphone today with purplerain. i did not see anywhere on the program where i needed those two files. i need a reminder how important those files are now that i have jailbroken my iphone without those files.
    Bump.

I'm wondering the same as well.

as far as I know, those files are needed when you restore your iphone. since you can restore to apple's 3.0 it's not needed right now, but with 3.1 you will need to restore to a custom firmware in order to prevent a baseband update. and that's when you will need those files and they are custom for every iphone!

my guess is that there will be a pwnageTool version that supports the 3GS for 3.1, and it will ask for those files. and if you don't give it the correct files, itunes will not let you restore to that firmware.

at least that's how I understood it. I will get those files as soon as I have my 3GS, just to be save.