Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: I see no purpose in jailbreaking..!

  1. #1
    Thumbs up I see no purpose in jailbreaking..!
    ok if anyone knows a thing about computers and programs its me. apps for iphone3g, itouch, etc are save on your conputer as .ipa files and all you would have to do is download cydia apps online and then check and see if they are .ipa files and if not go to control panel and go to folder options and uncheck hide file extentions and then find the app and change the file to .ipa and then drag it to itunes and itunes would then take it and you could put on your iphone 3g, itouch, etc. so really there would be no purpose in jailbreaking.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.att View Post
    ok if anyone knows a thing about computers and programs its me. apps for iphone3g, itouch, etc are save on your conputer as .ipa files and all you would have to do is download cydia apps online and then check and see if they are .ipa files and if not go to control panel and go to folder options and uncheck hide file extentions and then find the app and change the file to .ipa and then drag it to itunes and itunes would then take it and you could put on your iphone 3g, itouch, etc. so really there would be no purpose in jailbreaking.
    Great thread, dude.
    To live, you have to lie

  3. #3
    Sorry but for most people jailbreaking is not so they can pirate apps.

    Top 3 reasons for jailbreaking

    1. Unlock and use with another carrier (especially while traveling overseas)
    2. Themes (Although winterboard does not work yet for 3.0)
    3. SBSettings

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Great thread, dude.
    thanks, i relized it while debating on jailbreaking or not

    Quote Originally Posted by oahz View Post
    Sorry but for most people jailbreaking is not so they can pirate apps.

    Top 3 reasons for jailbreaking

    1. Unlock and use with another carrier (especially while traveling overseas)
    2. Themes (Although winterboard does not work yet for 3.0)
    3. SBSettings
    ok well the carrier idk about..
    but winterboard is a jailbroken app which supplies themes and that could be downloaded as well as cydia, and then used and themes on a nonjailbroken iphone 3g
    Last edited by mr.att; 2009-07-03 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.att View Post
    thanks, i relized it while debating on jailbreaking or not
    He was being sarcastic.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by geeb View Post
    He was being sarcastic.
    why do you say that??
    this is a quicker adn easier way for ppl to use without jailbreaking..

  7. #7
    Default Jailbroken for one reason.... SBSettings
    Jailbroke with PurpleRa1n. Ran Freeze. Rebooted. Cydia is there, and I updated and restarted it. Downloaded SBSettings and I'm good.

    One thing. How can I get rid of Freeze other than poofing (hiding) it.

    and might I say that seeing ALL THAT FREE MEMORY made the upgrade oh so sweet.

    OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  8. #8
    so I'm guessing you've tried this and it works? It's funny how no one has ever thought of this! Maybe because it doesn't work?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.att View Post
    ok if anyone knows a thing about computers and programs its me. apps for iphone3g, itouch, etc are save on your conputer as .ipa files and all you would have to do is download cydia apps online and then check and see if they are .ipa files and if not go to control panel and go to folder options and uncheck hide file extentions and then find the app and change the file to .ipa and then drag it to itunes and itunes would then take it and you could put on your iphone 3g, itouch, etc. so really there would be no purpose in jailbreaking.
    Ummmmm, FAIL.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On the open sea
    Posts
    1,326
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 221 Times in 155 Posts

    More the fail is an EPIC FAIL
    for one reason YOU CANT add NON SIGNED APPS. Good idea. But you FAIL

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Hey - I see where he is coming from and why he would think that... so chill..

    Anyways, App Stores are signed by Apple - which means the iPhone is allowed to run them.
    Cydia apps are not, so if you put them on the phone with out jailbreaking - which there is no way to do it, iTunes just will not put them on the phone, that's why you have to jailbreak.
    There would be no way to put the Apps on the iPod/iPhone.

    Hope this helps explain some things.

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Hey - I see where he is coming from and why he would think that... so chill..
    Everyone can see where he is coming from, not just you.

    He has been roundly mocked not because he had an idea that could have blown apart the whole app store, but because he is a bit of a d1psh1t
    Last edited by redcard; 2009-07-03 at 10:31 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,454
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts

    OneRing2Rule, use CyDelete to delete Freeze. Go into Settings app and turn on "Delete non-Cydia apps".

  14. #14
    What's Jailbreak? Scoops98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 115 Times in 108 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by oahz View Post
    Sorry but for most people jailbreaking is not so they can pirate apps.

    Top 3 reasons for jailbreaking

    1. Unlock and use with another carrier (especially while traveling overseas)
    2. Themes (Although winterboard does not work yet for 3.0)
    3. SBSettings
    WinterBoard works fine in 3.0.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

  15. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.att View Post
    ok if anyone knows a thing about computers and programs its me.
    Cmon! Not to be harshing on you, but did you at least try this before you posted?

    This will not work.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •