Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS jailbrake and unlock is here! you can do it today!

Talking iPhone 3GS jailbrake and unlock is here! you can do it today!
    The best 4th of July gift! Geohot has decided to make it rain!
    You can now jailbrake your iphone 3GS, this can be done as follows:
    -Download purplera1n from purplera1n.com
    -connect to itunes
    -run purplera1n, click on "make it rain"
    -wait until phone boots
    -run freeze and then wait until phone goes to home screen
    -download Cydia and restart until Cydia appears(you might have to do it twice)
    -add ultrasn0w repo and voila! Your 3GS is jailbroken and unlocked!

Thank you geohot for the jailbrake, thank you Dev Team for the unlock! Apple should be grateful...your making them sell more iphones!!

i can confirm that this works great!

Works like a charm. Only problem is the Springboard crashes after I install Winterboard and goes into Safe Mode...is anyone else having this issue?

WHAT THE HELL do you mean with "run freeze"?!?!? should i get an eskimo pissing on my device or wh0t?!
    NO signature spam or links

After the jailbreak is done with purplera1n an app called "Freeze" will show up in your Springboard. Run the app, it'll say "Install Cydia" at the bottom, which does exactly what you think it'll do (no eskimos involved).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveLaSoul For This Useful Post:

bensen (2009-07-03)

ah ok. after i press (german xp) make it rain my 3gs gets into recovery mode and nothing happens.
    NO signature spam or links

Same here...in recovery mode and then nothing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Will this wipe / restore the phone or just jailbreak it? I don't have the time to do a full restore today lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    good morning unlocked 3gs, goodbye 3g.....

and thanks for the cute app..
    shamwow!

I just checked around the comments on On the iPhone Apparently the program only works on English-language Windows (XP & Vista...7 users are out of luck).

However, geohot says on his Twitter page that to support other languages, you need to create a folder with the dll file "C\Program Files\\Common Files\\Apple\\Mobile Device Support\\bin\\iTunesMobileDevice.dll" in it, and then it should work?

I'm not totally sure how that works, but I guess give that a shot if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    Will this wipe / restore the phone or just jailbreak it? I don't have the time to do a full restore today lol
    Just jailbreaks it. Fast as all hell, too! Haha
    Last edited by DaveLaSoul; 2009-07-03 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah same problem here with the winterboard and also some Sig errors.. so im restoring and going to Try again this time only installing things From icy ..

EDIT: Also Could not SSH into the phone before restore.. Will check back and let you know what i find

^^ I don't think you need to go through the trouble of full-out restoring...did your iPhone start up in Safe Mode? If so you could've just removed Winter Board, reset, and be right back to normal.

I'm guessing it's an issue with Winterboard's coding itself causing the problem. Somebody get Saurik on the horn! =P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Done! Cheers... Anyone who is stuck in restore mode (I was) Just close Purplera1n and run it again! Worked for me...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wez For This Useful Post:

AHH (2009-07-03), iainmann (2009-07-03)

I think its anything that calls on mobilesubtrate Since Five icon dock seemed to work then It Started to Do the samething with safe mode..

Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    Done! Cheers... Anyone who is stuck in restore mode (I was) Just close Purplera1n and run it again! Worked for me...

That worked for me too....thanks!

thanks! everything is working great. unlocked & jailbroken.

So let me get this straight..

I need to have a computer running windows XP, not vista or 7?
    And all I do is just plug it in when its in restore mode, press make it rain?

My iPhone is synced to my mac, so if I were to jailbreak this on my xp computer, will it delete my media, and if yes, when I re-sync my iPhone with my mac will it lose its jailbreak?

Thanks

^^^XP & Vista are good. 7 no good.
    Your data & media is safe with this jailbreak. I'm on a mac as well and ran the JB from Boot Camp. Everything went smoothly. Resynced back on my mac afterwards and everything was seamless, jailbreak intact.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just having a small issue getting cydia installed via Freeze? Any ideas? Doesn't re-spring it just sits on finished... I reboot manually and no sign of cydia?

hi guy's i'm a complete noob with this, i've done the jailbreak & just installing cydia. could someone help me what i need to do to unlock it so i can use my vodafone sim, many thanks daz

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast