Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS jailbrake and unlock is here! you can do it today!

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    since this jb doesnt play well with winterboard, does anyone have an idea if itll just required a patch thru cydia, or will it require a rejailbreak thru the new method?
    we haven't decided yet, bigboss graciously offered to host a patch for us if needed, but we haven't really decided yet

Thanks

Every time I run the purplerain app, it crashes and I can't do anything but close it. Running Vista x64 English. Maybe it has a problem on x64 systems?

Worked- xp sp4, unlocked and jailbroken. Tmobile carrier- I had to quit ituneshelper.exe in task manager then everything worked great! The first few minutes after ultrasn0w, it searches to stabilize network, but workes great thereafter- WIFI and all! Thanks geohot

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    we haven't decided yet, bigboss graciously offered to host a patch for us if needed, but we haven't really decided yet
    Well, hurry up and decide...lol. Much appreciation for the work.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Every time I run the purplerain app, it crashes and I can't do anything but close it. Running Vista x64 English. Maybe it has a problem on x64 systems?
    Im Mac, tried Vista...got a boo....had to run on XP to get it to work...but that was me.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-04 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
    Has anyone tested push notifications to make sure they work. Wasn't there some issues with the 3G jailbreak and push?
    Push worked on my 3g Redsn0w jb but not on my 3gs purplera1n jb.

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    Push worked on my 3g Redsn0w jb but not on my 3gs purplera1n jb.

Anyone else?
    IM+ is pushing notifications to me on my purplera1n 3GS. I've got several notifications so far and haven't had a single problem (besides the non-compatible 3.0 apps like winter board).

Thanks to geo and the dev team!

I tested IM+ as well and push is working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Im Mac, tried Vista...got a boo....had to run on XP to get it to work...but that was me.
    Damn. My XP box hasn't been turned on in a few months. No worries. I'll either hook it up, or @ my office they run XP, so I can do it there Monday if I can wait.

BTW, you and I should talk when you have time...about my 2G and how I'd like to get it's case "refreshed". No rush, just whenever you get a chance.

PurpleRa1n now in RC2, fixes bugs, Vista, etc:

On the iPhone
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2009-07-04 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can we just install RC2 over the original jailbreak?

Thanks

i had to run it at my office lol, i have no desire to run windows at home really....

Thanks

PurpleRa1n RC2 doesn't crash like it did before, working as expected. Got the Rain, installed Cydia, going to check out the Winterboard issues and whatnot.

Good to see GeoHot on top of things. Hoping the DevTeam catches up soon, of course.

Damn, just saw the note on GeoHot's blog:

No winterboard yet, but now that ball is in Saurik's court :-)

I correct myself...Cydia gets about 1/2 way installing, then stops. Guess I'll do a restore and wait for the Dev Team's solution.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2009-07-04 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restored and rejailbreaked with the new PurpleRa1n RC2. Works like a charm, everything installed properly and had 0 issues. Off to test some programs out on Cydia that did not work yesterday.

Thanks geohot and team!!!

EDIT::blkcadi:: No warez, this is a warning, next time it will be a infraction
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-05 at 12:21 AM.

EDIT::blkcadi:: Same for you my friend
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-05 at 12:22 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to geeb For This Useful Post:

SGXX (2009-07-05)

ran the first release of PR on XP and phone would get stuck in DFU, then i ran it a second time and it worked......

i ran PR RC2 over the first jailbreak and it worked flawless, i have no idea wither the patches were installed correclty.....

also app store was crashing and after reading an earlier post stating tricker3G was causing the same problem i removed VOIpover3g and app store worked again

I thought I'd tell you how it went for me. Please note I am on a mac, so I had to do this on a vista computer.

It went very well, my iPhone battery ran ouT first time, but second time it was jailbroken within a minute of pressing make it rain.

I ran freeze and began the install of cydia, went for dinner and came back, rebooted, and cydia was there. I haven't used ultrasn0w as there is no need, so there are no problems to report with my phone. Love the blazing speed of cydia.

I'm guessing winterboard doesn't work due to incompatibility with the 3gs at present, not anything to do with purplera1n.

I suggest you make it ra1n, as it worked flawlessley.

Default My unlock 3gs, but disabled 3g network...slow internet connection
    So, I got my 3gs jail broken and unlocked. The phone wokrs fine with new sim. However, since 3g network had to be turned off when going through unlocking process. The internet now is not at alll near 3g speed!!!! anyone have same problems?? comments?? SOlutions?? thanks

how do you get rid of the freeze program once cydia installs?

Angry app store crashes after jailbreak
    Hi..I successfully jail-broke my iphone 3GS, a few minor issues but it worked relatively well, my only problem now is that the appstore app wont run, it crashes right after pressing it, any help would be welcome?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Is a jailbrake a new thing with the 3GS to slow it down?

/har har

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345