Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS jailbrake and unlock is here! you can do it today!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLaSoul View Post
    ^^^XP & Vista are good. 7 no good.
    Your data & media is safe with this jailbreak. I'm on a mac as well and ran the JB from Boot Camp. Everything went smoothly. Resynced back on my mac afterwards and everything was seamless, jailbreak intact.

Vista works? Oh thats good I don't have XP lying around.

I won't be doing it via bootcamp it will be a different computer.

'The jailbreak is incomplete. The kernel vm_mem patch is not present so Winterboard will not work as some other critical tweaks. (SBSettings does work!).'

That is off of the bigboss website, which doesn't sound good.

Is it worth jailbreaking now or should I wait for a more polished release?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to filberto For This Useful Post:

DaveLaSoul (2009-07-03)

any1 else get alot of dlib errors from cydia?

Like A Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    Just having a small issue getting cydia installed via Freeze? Any ideas? Doesn't re-spring it just sits on finished... I reboot manually and no sign of cydia?
    I had to reboot manually, run Freeze again then reboot after it was finished then Cydia finally came up. Annoying process it is.</noyoda>

Quote Originally Posted by filberto View Post
    Vista works? Oh thats good I don't have XP lying around.

I won't be doing it via bootcamp it will be a different computer.

'The jailbreak is incomplete. The kernel vm_mem patch is not present so Winterboard will not work as some other critical tweaks. (SBSettings does work!).'

That is off of the bigboss website, which doesn't sound good.

Is it worth jailbreaking now or should I wait for a more polished release?
    Yeah according to this guy's tweet it does work on Vista.

Thanks for that word from BigBoss. I figured something would be missing from this JB. As far as I know the break works fine otherwise. But if Winterboard matters to you (like it very much does to me) I'd wait for a more complete version. Doubt it'd be that long before another one was released.
    Last edited by DaveLaSoul; 2009-07-03 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I got it to work, everything ran good until i tried winterboard. After I installed that then rebooted it frooze. after i got it into safe mode i uninstalled winterboad and cydia came back but now its a different icon. it's not the normal cydia icon it's a game icon.

any ideas how to get cydia icon back or has anyone else had this happen?

Nevermind i got it. LOL!!!
    Last edited by tate; 2009-07-03 at 02:11 PM.

If you look at my post, the bigboss quote states winterboard wont work. Don't know any work arounds myself.

This is why I'm unsure about jailbreaking atm D:

I tried it in os x with a virtual machine...but it crashes...haven't installed itunes yet...
    Running vista 64 and os x... :-((

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well if you JB now at least you have it on your iPhone for later. I'm sure they will find some way to make winterboard work. It's just going to take time. After all the JB just came out for it. I just got my wife's iPhone JB so at least it's on there for when they do fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorduxo View Post
    I tried it in os x with a virtual machine...but it crashes...haven't installed itunes yet...
    Running vista 64 and os x... :-((
    Gotta have the latest iTunes installed. Try doing that and then attempt the break again (maybe a couple times) and see how it works

I'm not sure why everybody is saying it doesn't work on Win 7... worked for me

Default Stuck on Cydia download, what to do?
    I've run through the process just find until it started downloading Cydia. I am stuck on the "Downloading" screen with no action for about 5 minutes. What do I need to do? Reboot and run Freeze again?

Thanks,
    Autoeng

OK, just went back to Homes screen and restarted Freeze and it is downloading. Slow as hell but it is downloading.
    Last edited by Autoeng; 2009-07-03 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Got it!

Why does the thread title say unlock?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wePhone For This Useful Post:

linkrz (2009-07-03)

it's not july 4th but my prediction was close! i hope a perfected version comes out soon =D

Thanks

Does icy work with the 3GS jailbreak or can it be installed on the 3GS?

Why isn't Cydia installing for me? :'(

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLaSoul View Post
    Works like a charm. Only problem is the Springboard crashes after I install Winterboard and goes into Safe Mode...is anyone else having this issue?
    yes, it seems geohot foobar'd the kernel patches. we're working on it right now, but in the mean time, who wants to make us a kickass winterboard theme with compass/voicememos/messages all included? =P

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Why does the thread title say unlock?
    because ultrasn0w works as well
    Last edited by posixninja; 2009-07-03 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2009-07-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, hope the kernel stuff is updated for when I get out of work later. Will you post when its fixed on the DL page or maybe twitter?

Nice work guys, many thanks!

Has anyone tried using VOIP3g to make Slingbox or Skype work? I tried it but Slingbox keeps closing down and Skype does the same when I try to dial out.

this does not work on vista. At least not for me. My phone is stuck in DFU mode until I find an XP machine -_-

Default 3Gs unlock not working out for me
    Finished the Ultrasn0w unlock and I've got problems with maintaining my network connection. Before the unlock I had no issues with the phone or connection to AT&T network. Now it is constantly searching for a network. I can't connect to Cydia as I keep getting a "Unable to Load (no internet connection) error. Network under General settings is listed as "Not Available". I put the SIM in my old Motorola and no problems with the connection.

Really need some help here please.

Thanks,
    Autoeng
    Last edited by Autoeng; 2009-07-03 at 04:41 PM.

well, i guess this is good news. however, everyone is saying that winterboard doesnt work so i think i might wait for a more ironed out version because i do not need to unlock anyway. hope everyone is having a good day so far!
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast