Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Future Jailbreaks

Default Future Jailbreaks
    Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3ís signed with your ECID, then youíre in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you canít even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless youíve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you donít know your ECID until youíve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. Itís an all-or-nothing dealÖyou either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever ó always jailbreakable ó or you have nothing.

So does this mean if I follow the steps below, that I will always be able jailbreak any iPhone as long as I load the iBoot img3 onto the iPhone?

1. Put your phone into recovery mode and connect it to your computer.
    2. Using usbview on Windows(enable Config Descriptors), System Profiler on Mac, or lsusb on Linux, read your phones ECID. It's the 16 digit hex number after "ECID:"
    3. Go to purplera1n, type it, and hit enter
    4. Save the generated file for a purplera1nyday...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

will we need the files listed on the front page news also as its only shown for MAC (the restore file etc)

"This guide will help you to get some important iBEC and iBSS files for your iPhone 3GS which will be required for jailbreak once it is released"

These files are what im referring to..I already did the ECID with purplera1n and have that file tucked away nicely
    Last edited by Tower72; 2009-07-02 at 07:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

NO, it does not mean you'll ALWAYS be able to...

read the dev-team's latest blog entry... if you're on the 3GS STAY AWAY FROM ANY 3.1 SOFTWARE, BETAS INCLUDED...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea don't upgrade under any circumstance at the moment

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So I finally am able to pry the 3G(S) out of AT&T's hands for the $199/$299 price after one hour on the phone with CS. However, due to the shortage of phones and the nature of my job I may not get one before they update to 3.x

When I get my phone and it has 3.0 on it can I still do this or is it too late once they make iTunes need 3.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

considering 3.1 is still in beta its probably a safe bet that if you recieve your 3GS anytime soon it will include 3.0

But to reply to the posts above this one,I really dont intend to upgrade to 3.1 until its deemed safe with the dev team.. I just asked the question considering that even tho the front page post is for MACs and doesnt say anything about Windows,out of concern that theres more stuff to do then just the ECID step...just want to be fully prepared for when the tool is released ya know

The OP gives the impression that this is all thats needed but other sites say to get those extra files as well...so yeah im alittle confused..Im reading all the comments on the dev teams blog about this and alot of people seem to ask the same question and noone seems to have an answer lol
    Last edited by Tower72; 2009-07-02 at 09:52 AM.

Can you please help. I was thinking of buying a 3GS from the Apple Store today in the UK. They have told me today that they will have to activate it in the store and insert an 02 sim card. If they do this will I still be able to follow this procedure when I get home and connect to my PC or will it be too late once they have activated it.

2. Using usbview on Windows(enable Config Descriptors), System Profiler on Mac, or lsusb on Linux, read your phones ECID. It's the 16 digit hex number after "ECID:"

So if I follow these steps, is there anything else I need to be prepared so I can jailbreak my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by coolio86 View Post

So if I follow these steps, is there anything else I need to be prepared so I can jailbreak my phone?
    If you use Windows see: Easier ECID for Windowsl

okay, difrnt, if i use those two programs, then I'm set, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meddle View Post
    Can you please help. I was thinking of buying a 3GS from the Apple Store today in the UK. They have told me today that they will have to activate it in the store and insert an 02 sim card. If they do this will I still be able to follow this procedure when I get home and connect to my PC or will it be too late once they have activated it.
    You will still be able to get the files from your phone.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4