Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ungrading jailbroken iPhone to 3.0 without JB this time?

Default Ungrading jailbroken iPhone to 3.0 without JB this time?
    I want to upgrade my iphone 2g to the 3.0 software but I have some games that my daughter enjoys that i do not want to lose the game saves on for right now.

I would like to upgrade to 3.0 without losing these game saves. i know I can download the games again if I jailbreak but the saves are not saved and I have tested this with an iTunes sync.

So I would like to upgrade to 3.0. I do not have a SIM for this 2g iPhone as I only use it on WiFi. I don't care if it remains JB at this time. Is this possible or will upgrading to 3.0 through itunes wipe everything anyway?

I just want to be able to use the iPhone on wifi. Will the phone go back to being locked after the upgrade?
    Last edited by deadringer; 2009-07-08 at 08:59 PM.

83 views and no replies? Do I need to rephrase something here?

Thanks all for the replies.

Appbackup in Cydia?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to benfica88 For This Useful Post:

deadringer (2009-07-14)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you will have to re-jailbreak the phone after you update it. if the games are app store games the highscores or whatever should be saved. just make sure you sync the phone on itunes before you update and re-jailbreak

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

deadringer (2009-07-14)

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

If you click update in iTunes, all of your Appstore games will not change at all. All of your progress will be saved. However, you will lose your jailbreak, and be on stock firmware again. If you jailbreak again, that process involves loading new firmware onto the phone, so you WILL lose all of your saves in that case. You have a choice. Game saves and unchanged data, or jailbreak. Personally, the iPhone games aren't all that important to me, so I always just re-win/beat them again. :/ Nice triple post too, way to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HUGE thanks to the makers of redsn0w and all that help here to ensure that people can jailbreak their phones with great ease. This was an easy update.

bteamer....It was over a week without one reply at all. usually there will be multiple replies within minutes on a thread here.

Anyway I decided to re jailbreak but before I did I upgraded in iTunes just to see if it would work. I hadn't read the replies here today so i didn;t know what to expect. My iTunes was wanting me to activate the phone. So now I am pretty much back to the way I bought the thing. I went ahead and used redsn0w to jailbreak again (this was a great experience thanks again to those that make this possible) to my surprise all of my apps were there even after the jailbreak. Is this part of the process afterwords? to auto sync with iTunes cause I still have all my apps and settings and game saves.

I am glad I did this.

Thanks modmyi
    Last edited by deadringer; 2009-07-14 at 09:05 PM.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes redsnow doesn't load a whole new custom ipsw. It just changes stuff on the current one.