Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Stuck in Emergency Call Screen after 3.0 upgrade, Power Button not working

Unhappy Iphone Stuck in Emergency Call Screen after 3.0 upgrade, Power Button not working
    Just found this forumn and I really need some help i will try my best to describe this problem i am having with my 2g 8gig iphone.

1. Updated my iphone to firmware 3.0 via itunes and from that point the power button does not seem to work, when pressing i hear the clicking sound but the slide to power off does not come up.

2. I tried restoring and it goes as far as when the logo of the usb and itunes comes up and I am able to restore firmare back to 3.0 but unable to downgrade to any other firmware as i keep getting erroe 20 when i try (firmware 2.0 etc)

3. I tried letting the battery drain completely and recharging but nothing happens, tried all the information about placing in recovery mode and nothing works, seems impossible to put in Dfu mode because the power button does not seem to be working at all so i keep getting errors and i also tried this Dfu software that you install to the root of your hard drive and still no luck.

At this point all the iphone does is go into emergency call mode and recovery mode and other times it just basically keeps restarting and displaying the apple logo.

Any help is appreciated i just want to know if i should just call it quits because the iphone is beyond repair, or if there is any hope at all

Default Same exact problem here
    Same catch: update screwed up the power button functionality, restarts unless connected, also the phone does not recognize any SIM cards (incl. AT&T). Can't put in DFU to downgrade because of the power button. I wonder how many others have this issue? Are we just supposed to wait until 3.1 takes care of this? And is there any certainty that it will? Thanks to the experts

Quote Originally Posted by lowell3 View Post
    Just found this forumn and I really need some help i will try my best to describe this problem i am having with my 2g 8gig iphone.

1. Updated my iphone to firmware 3.0 via itunes and from that point the power button does not seem to work, when pressing i hear the clicking sound but the slide to power off does not come up.

2. I tried restoring and it goes as far as when the logo of the usb and itunes comes up and I am able to restore firmare back to 3.0 but unable to downgrade to any other firmware as i keep getting erroe 20 when i try (firmware 2.0 etc)

3. I tried letting the battery drain completely and recharging but nothing happens, tried all the information about placing in recovery mode and nothing works, seems impossible to put in Dfu mode because the power button does not seem to be working at all so i keep getting errors and i also tried this Dfu software that you install to the root of your hard drive and still no luck.

At this point all the iphone does is go into emergency call mode and recovery mode and other times it just basically keeps restarting and displaying the apple logo.

Any help is appreciated i just want to know if i should just call it quits because the iphone is beyond repair, or if there is any hope at all

Finally I was starting to thin it was only me, I hope someone out there has an idea on what can be done, i really miss using my iphone, just wish there was a way to downgrade. Please anyone send us some help

now im one of the victim. same problem as you guys. and the thing is, my iphone is only one day old when this happened. i wish someone can help us please!!!!!

Wow anyone found a solution or a way to get around this problem as yet. Seems to be the one iphone problem that has no fix

Default I'm not sure but...
    Since the problem is caused by a software update, there is a chance that it can be resolved by either the next update (3.1), or by reverting to a previous software. For the first, we have to wait and see; the second we cannot try unless we have a working DFU script that would allow DFU mode without use of the power button. Is there any kind soul out there who could provide such a script?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lowell3 View Post
    Wow anyone found a solution or a way to get around this problem as yet. Seems to be the one iphone problem that has no fix
    If it's the power button, it's not a software issue would be my guess. A coincidence that it happened at the same time. Not sure.
    Try finding a post made by member "one1", he is the iPhone guru around here and send him a PM. He can diagnose and/or fix your phone for you. Good luck

i upgraded to 3.0, had this issue, unplugged it... plugged it back in and restored(not full, just from backup) of a pervious phone backup and it fixed this issue.

hope that helps.

Thanks Arisian, but since the iPhone will not recognize any sim card it cannot be restored from a backup, and it cannot be jailbroken without DFU.

Unhappy Iphone Stuck in Emergency Call Screen after 3.0 upgrade and unlocked with redsnow
    1. I Updated my iphone to firmware 3.0 via itunes

2. I jail break and unlocked with red snow and it worked good for a full day.

3. I download something from Icy and deleted, after that iphone delete all the apps that comes with the phone.

4. I was having the first screen, but no appson the second screen, i was receiving calls but not able to make them.

5. I tryed a restore but it got stock where itunes asking (the simcard inserted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported)

6. I try with my old at&t card and the phone says no sim installed, itunes keeps asking for the supported sim card, when I installed tmobile card the phone show signal but Itunes keep saying the same thing.

So please if you have a problem like me and know how to fix it help me out.
    Last edited by chicagoknight; 2009-07-15 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Unplugging your phone and plugging it back in should fix the emergency call screen. Your phone just needs to be activated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

chicagoknight (2009-07-15)

i JUST FIXED MY PHONE, WHAT i DID WAS TO ASK A FRIEND FOR HIS AT&T SIM CARD LOAD IN TO MY IPHONE PLUG IT IN COMPUTER AND THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED, THANK U ALL FOR YOU HELP