Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.0 SLOW! (and kills battery)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.0 SLOW! (and kills battery)
    Am I the only one with these issues?
    My iPhone 3G was upgraded to 3.0 and Jailbroken with Pwnage Tool (instaling only Cydia...not Icy).
    My battery gets eaten up very quickly now and the iPhone is so SLOW.
    Just the response to touching an icon or button is dreadful. I end up on the search page all the time because I don't believe that I hit the home button the first time, so I hit it again.
    There is a tremendous lag from the time you touch an app to the time it launches.
    It even hangs up when entering letters (you get like 5 characters ahead of the phone).

Cydia is also very buggy and crashes a lot.

Is it me? or is this happening for everyone on a 3G with a JB 3.0?
    And is it the JB or is 3.0 just running this way?
    Thanks for any help

Yup. It lags especially with the theme I have iElegance. THEN, I installed TextFreeUnlimited w/push and my phone would drain within an hour. Thats with push notification off and mail notification off. I mean to the point of shutting off. THEN, it wouldnt charge. I was lucky enough to get it to stay on at 4% battery power and deleted the app. now im waiting for a full charge then Im gonna restore to new phone, edit: i have a 2G phone not 3G
    Last edited by 20Eyes; 2009-07-01 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add info

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have 2g and it does all of that and crashes.
    G1 fw 1.5 on tmo
    iphone 2g fw 3.0 on tmo
    cingular 8525 fw 6 wm on tmo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

mine is running a lot faster then 2.x, its jailbroken. what kinda of jailbroken apps u got? i noticed in 2.x the more poorly written apps i added, hacks if u will, the slower my phone worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did notice that the themes were slowing things down. I disabled my themes this morning and it is not as sluggish.

Anyone else having the Cydia problems?

Default slow 3.0
    I shut my themes off and it was working better. Cydia is still buggy, so i just install things 1-2 at a time. more than that and it crashes.

iPhone 3G, 3.0 firmware, Jailbroken

I'm having the same issues with apps crashing and cydia crashing and the home button responding extremely slowly. I took off all my themes, but it still takes some apps 15+ seconds to quit running after I hit the home button.

Do I need to re-jailbreak? If so, do I need to restore to the Apple firmware before I use pwnage custom firmware again?

any help would be great!

i get that too
    went to apple and they game me a replacement one.

... it started doing it again...
    battery sucks

one thing that they suggested was truing off the iphone and letting it reset the battery settings, some how this is done when its off for a certain amount of time, it seemed to work once. i did a complete restore and helped out too.

yeah, mine was going super slow with the 3.0 jailbreak

I am also having the same problem and was thinking about reformatting it and starting over but I am not sure that is going to help. Hopefully someone smarter then I will come up with a fix.

my gf is having the same issue too! did anyone find a fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.0 Problem or Jailbreak Problem?
    My friend has the exact same phone that I do (White 16gig 3G) and he says he has no battery problems since upgrading to 3.0...
    So, is it a problem with 3.0 or is it a JB problem?

It is not just jailbroke phones, mine is and everything is slower, even texting> I have a friend that has 3.0 on his 3g but hasn't jailbroke it again and his is just as slow. Another friend that has the new 3GS (jailbroken) and it doesn't seem to have any issues.

Looks like 3.0 was designed to work with the faster processor with little regard for the 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Slow and lags with 3.0
    Same here, but I think its enough of 3.0, too bad I cant downgrade it from here.

Main Problems,

- Games Crashing
    - Lags in every app even at home screen
    - Battery lasts only 10% of what it use to
    - Heats up a little after some use.

This is a 16gb 3g ulocked and jailbraked with Cydia and Icy, and of course 3.0 firmware.

Any Ideas?

I have the same issue. Opening anything dailing a number pressing the home button... it all take a good 5 second for each thing.

The DEV team blogged this: Dev-Team Blog - Ultratips

try this:

when your phone is done jailbreaking.....
    when itunes asks you to restore your phone from a previous sync, instead go to a new setup. everything thing is going to be deleted accept for the contacts from your SIM

im gonna try this, let u know if it still drains the battery faster and less laggy.

I just tried this method and the battery hasn't moved since yesterday, make sure u only restore the contacts, u can sync ur other stuff later
    Last edited by 2gfone; 2009-08-24 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It seems that everyone and their brothers have so many damn problems when they jailbreak. I keep holding off on it, and I've decided I'm not going to even mess with it. I don't know why anyone would jailbreak and then claim you don't "own" your iphone until you jailbreak, but yet you still have so many problems with your phone. Is it worth it to have these ridiculous problems? Not to me. I don't have a hours a day to sit around and try to work on my phone because it malfunctions. I have too much to do so I guess in the end having the Apple firmware is just fine because the only problem I have experience on my 3G w/ 3.0 FW is that the battery drains faster, but my phone will last me all day so....

Thanks

It is definitely worth it to jailbreak. The problems are very little amount of the people who jailbreak, and it usually has to do with user error and easily fixable.
    But if you don't want to jailbreak, it's totally up to you. You don't know what you're missing out on though
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something