Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Standard Flash Player on Jailbroken 2.2.1??

Default Standard Flash Player on Jailbroken 2.2.1??
    I'm really confused because I just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2.1 (both jailbroken) and when I went to 2.2.1, I now have the ability to play flash videos in safari!? I can go to metacafe.com and break.com (not m.break.com) and play the videos!? The player that shows up has the little quicktime symbol in the bottom right of the picture that shows up and when you click on it, it opens up into a player that plays the video. I really want to know what this player is and why it all of a sudden came on there. I have an iPhone 2G and I used 2.x QuickPwn to jailbreak. Thanks for your help. (I also tried to use syslog to see what was happening and that didn't help. I also checked to make sure that imobilecinema wasn't installed)

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Well seeing as you clicked a QUICKTIME button to make the vids play, wouldn't that make them Quicktime vids and not Flash vids? Annnnd the iPhone has never had Flash on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I play those all the time. I think they are m4v files. Def not flash that'd be flv or swf.