Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baseband question: Downgrading from OS 3 to 2.2.1

Default Baseband question: Downgrading from OS 3 to 2.2.1
    Hello everyone,

I am one of the poor souls who bought a 3G which was already at 2.2.1, and bootloader EDIT I MEANT 5.09 SORRY :/ meaning it was un-unlockable until OS3 and ultrasn0w came around.

Here is my question: If I wanted to stick with 2.2.1 instead of 3, for personal reasons, would it be possible to restore my iPhone to 3.0 so that the baseband version is updated to the version that ultrasn0w works with, then bring it down to 2.2.1 again and install ultrasn0w after i jailbreak it.

So I would be running firmware 2.2.1 with the baseband version that OS3 installs (Im assuming the baseband would stay at the latest version even after a firmware downgrade, as it has in the past), and ultrasn0w would work. Am I correct in thinking this?

I apologize if this was cleared up elsewhere on the site, I couldn't find it.

Thanks a ton guys!
    Last edited by Siamey; 2009-06-30 at 09:32 PM.

i am in the same boat....did not like 3.0 that much..want to downgrade to 2.2.1..but still keep unlock/JB...is this possible?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No, it's not possible.

Why would you be unlucky with bootloader 5.08? That is the only bootloader that allows baseband downgrading. Which MAY work to downgrade the current 3.0 baseband back to 2.28, but I dont know on that one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh, it's 5.09 that's you can't right?

sorry :/ i meant 5.09

could anyone explain if they have tried this? and why it is not possible?