Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes 8.2

Default Itunes 8.2
    OK, so I think Im ready to upgrade to 3.0 and want to backup all of my current apps but I upgraded to itunes 8.2 and I think I read in one of the posts that we shouldnt upgrade to Itunes 8.2 because there is some kind of problem when syncing. I downloaded 8.2 prior to reading this warning and wanted to know if there is an easy way to downgrade back to 8.1 on a windows pc.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If your going to use 3.0 you have to have 8.0
    There isn't a problem with iTunes, it's problems people had with the jailbreak process. Most by not following the instructions properly.

OK. This http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-beware-5.html is the post I was referring to. But youre saying it's ok to sync with 8.2 correct?

Im syncing now to back up the apps on my phone. After that what do I do? Itunes is telling me to update to 3.0. Do I just click update?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 10ika View Post
    OK. This http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-beware-5.html is the post I was referring to. But youre saying it's ok to sync with 8.2 correct?

Im syncing now to back up the apps on my phone. After that what do I do? Itunes is telling me to update to 3.0. Do I just click update?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Your fine, that thread was started before the official release.
    Yes, just click update iTunes to 8.2 and your good to go.

I was asking about clicking the Update button for 3.0, I already have Itunes 8.2. Would it be ok to update to 3.0 using the button in Itunes or should I update to the 3.0 fw a different way?

Thanks

update, setup as new phone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

10ika (2009-07-01)

Thanks

No problem, good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 8.2 is buggy as hell!
    Sorry, didn't see this thread earlier to reply. In any event, I believe you have to use 8.2 pre release beta or official 8.2 to upgrade to 3.0, but beware, 8.2 is buggy as he'll, unless me and a few thousand people are isolated incidents!

Syncing is a big issue at the moment. Yes it works, but not guaranteed all the time or as it should. Apple are aware of it too. Syncing photos for me is impossible on Windowa XP or Windows 7, and believe me I have tried and explored soooo many different options!

Personally, I can't wait for the fix of the next iTunes update! It's been bloody hell!
    3G vs 3G'S' is like comparing a standard BMW to an 'M-Tech' version of the same car. They pretty much look identical, but it's whole 'nother beast beneath the shell.
    The 'S' is for 'Sheer' Power.

After updating to 3.0 I cannot access the springboard. It says slide for emergency and only lets me make emergency calls. Itunes says my sim card is not supported. Please tell me what I should do.

Thanks

You now need to run redsnOw.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuy For This Useful Post:

10ika (2009-07-01)

Ah, ok. Thanks ..First time doing this.

i heard that if you update up itunes to 8.2 there was something about u cannot REJAILBREAK your ipod usin quickpwn and something else