Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had to restore after installing MMS

Default Had to restore after installing MMS
    Minutes ago there was a new MMS app on Cydia, iphone crashed after installing it, then it didn't get past the apple logo. Had to restore it sucks, i haven't backed up any app, since I had just jailbroken this new phone, this is not a OMFG my phone doesn't work it's mostly so that new app can be checked. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Not sure but I think your asking for help. There are a ton of people that had this same problem after they installed this app in Cydia. Not sure why it has worked for some and not others.
    But, if your stuck you should put your phone in DFU made/restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 in iTunes and then jailbreak again.
    If you have a backup of your previous setup in iTunes, you can sync and it will restore all your apps, contacts and music.
    Good luck.

Thanks

What type of iPhone have you got? You say it's a "new phone" which I assume means new to you rather then new from Apple?

Oh yes I'm doing all that painful process as we type, so this has happened to some other users, hmm maybe they should take it down from Cydia, for the time being.

New 3G got it, the day before (S) came out, I didn't want (S) since it's almost the same than 3G, everything is fine now, I just hate to download all the apps again, because an app messes up the whole thing.
    Last edited by twiggystar; 2009-06-29 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks

I know its so weird that this app works for some people just fine and not others. Good luck.

Thanks

Well no wonder your 3G has crashed - the new MMS application is for the 2G. If you'd read the details of the application before installing it you might have noticed this. However, even the title gives it away "ActivateMMS2G".

Good luck restoring your nice new phone, but next time read before downloading please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    Well no wonder your 3G has crashed - the new MMS application is for the 2G. If you'd read the details of the application before installing it you might have noticed this. However, even the title gives it away "ActivateMMS2G".

Good luck restoring your nice new phone, but next time read before downloading please.
    WOW, another reason to read the instructions.

I am starting to notice that the 3.0 version of Backgrounder is starting to interfere with other apps, including this one. I too am on a endless reboot with the apple logo, I have a 2G iphone on tmobile USA, and this happened after trying to install swirly MMS and the "ActivateMMS2G". It's fine without backgrounder, but with it installed it seems to make these apps hang at a reboot and do the endless reboot thing. Anyone else have Backgrounder with issues?

in installed it and it did nothing for me, what is it supposed to do? like show the mms stuff in messageS? mine stayed the same

I'm such a dumba$$! I did the same thing :*( so now I'm about to restore...