Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Question
    Hi,

Im new here

Just bought a Iphone 3G 16GB today and jailbroke it with redsn0w then unlocked it to work with my orange sim card with ultrasn0w and it all went fine

But my singal is bad on my iphone when im in the house somtimes it drops to 0 bars usually it stays at 1-2 or 3 bars at the most

On my nokia 5800 there was no problem with the signal in my house

Anyone know why this could be?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It happens. It could possibly just be your iPhone. I've always had problems with reception at my work place in certain corners at all times. In my house it's perfectly fine. I've run my iPhone on turbo sims, yellowsn0w, then ultrasn0w now and it has always been the same reception (except with the darn turbo sims, those things just make iPhones suck reception-wise 50-60% of the time).

The internal antenna is on the bottom of your phone so if you're low on reception make sure your hand isn't covering the bottom part of the phone (where you charge it) and that might help a little. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

This has been discussed in many threads. It may be a problem with the jailbreak process. occasional something get corrupted.
    If this continues to be a problem, my advice would be restore in iTunes to a fresh copy of 3.0. then re-jailbreak with redsnow and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    Good Luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the replys

It seems to be when 3G is turned on that it really drops so im thinking its maby just my house its fine when im outside and have 3G on but when i turn 3G off in the house the signal seems to stay up

I will leave it and see what happens then if it gets bad i will restore and re jailbreak and unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you are not using AT&T 3G network you need to keep 3G turned off. This may be your problem.