Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get a 2G really back to factory settings?

Default How do I get a 2G really back to factory settings?
    2G 8GB, 3.0

This is the iPhone on which I tested everything before the iPhones of the other family members were jailbroken, updated etc. It has been used with iBrickr, ZiPhone, Quickpwn. Files have been added/deleted with the iPhone-browser and WinSPC, it has seen green screens, red screens - in other words everything.
    Today I just upgraded it to 3.0 and found out that I did not even have to use redsn0w. Everything still works and it has the new features. Go figure.
    On the other hand there are always little things like: I use an application and it freezes when I try to do a certain thing. Or I try to delete an application and after I click on the x of the wiggling icon the delete screen comes up but is not touch sensitive anymore, the iPhone freezes.

So what I would like to do is get it back to its original stage, meaning that all the extra files that might have been added at some stage will be erase, that I have a clean slate from which I could update to 3.0, jailbreak etc.

I guess a normal update won't do that. What would I have to do?
    Thank you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

open itunes. and click restore lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I am aware that iTunes has the Restore button but I wonder if it erases everything (and I mean e v e r y t h i n g) also in folders that I created or if it just replaces the OS files with the original ones from 1.1.2?

Got help in another forum. Consider thread closed.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to DFU and restore right? Just wondering.