Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrsn0w - No Sim Card

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ultrsn0w - No Sim Card
    I don't have the time to find the right post but here's some useful info. If you have upgraded 3G to 3.0 using Redsn0w/un-locked with Ultrasn0w: NO SIM CARD issue. I've had a bar or 2 of service and it cuts out to [no service] or [no sim card] I couldn't go 30 sec. without either the wifi or my service disconnecting. Especially the WIFI would have to be physically turned on after every re-boot or screen-lock! Install 'Insomnia' & 'Insomnia Toggle' using Cydia. This will keep all your processes running. It's been about 5 hours and no issues yet. Service is full bars for AT&T & wifi connect!

I did notice battery drain, but I've been playing with it for hours? My main concern was not getting a NO SERVICE or NO SIM CARD! My next project is hopefully being able to connect with 3G using AT&T without the "approved" data plan. I'm using a pre-paid and since the up-grade to 3.0 haven't been able to connect to 3G or EDGE. I get "NO DATA PLAN" errors! Any suggestions would help, I'm working on it! Obviously my APN has been reset but I don't want to contact AT&T due to the un-lock?????
    Last edited by {BR3NTLY}; 2009-06-26 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost