Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cautious Restore

Default Cautious Restore
    My phone is currently jailbroken and I have concerns about restore my phone so that I can get the 3.0 update. I fear that as soon as I hit the restore/update that my phone will become an expensive brick. If it does become a brick what can I do to fix it. Just been hear some bad things when it come to update the 3.0 with a jailbreake phone.

What can I do?

OneTre

Thanks

No brick... SEARCH.

Thanks

If you restore using the Apple default IPSW, you'll have a 3.0 iPhone. Jailbreak and restore the custom IPSW and you'll have a jailbroken 3.0 iPhone. Don't worry about bricking your phone. Follow the instructions of Pwnage Tool or QuickPwn and you'll be fine.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can't really go wrong with this update. Considering how the new 3.0 FW requires the new baseband upgrade as well, you only have one option and won't have to do that preserving the baseband mumbo jumbo =) Usually it's the jailbreaking process that messes phones up, not the upgrades...

If anything were to go wrong...I'm sure there's always a fix for it, somebody knows something somewhere.