Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Constant reboot after cydia upgrade on iphone 3.0 firmware

Default Constant reboot after cydia upgrade on iphone 3.0 firmware
    I don't know if this is directly cydia's fault or something i installed but I have an iphone 3g, jailbroken with pwnage 3.0 firmware.

I have sbsettings, *********'s mobile installation patch for 3.0, winterboard and cydia. Cydia has a few integral updates so I go to do those, then us sbsettings once cydia is told to restart to reboot the phone, upon rebooting of the phone it get the black screen of death, the phone won't boot.

This has happened twice, both times after upgrading the essential stuff in cydia then rebooting the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem yet? I've had to restore and re-jailbreak twice!

Its a problem with the mobileInstallation patch you used. Try rejailbreaking it, but dont install that patch

I had the same trouble and found some advice to run Redsn0w a second time, without checking to install Icy this time around. I did this and Cydia worked perfectly after that (with Icy still there from having installed it first tiem around)

I had the same problem but I didn't want to restore so I rebooted to the blank screen connected to diskaid went to /usr/libexec folder and found that the installd file was not installed properly by cydia. The file read installd.bak and another one was installd.bac

I renamed installd.bak to installd then rebooted and everythings OK again.

I used redsn0w instead of pwnage and it worked fine thanks for the replies.