Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help..trying to upadte from 2.1 to 3.0...man..its all a mess

Default help..trying to upadte from 2.1 to 3.0...man..its all a mess
    hi,
    been reading all these forum and sure appreciate the help...but while i was trying to update my unlock jailbroken 2g ..phone using redsnOwm..it just went heywire...
    it just show's downloading the firmware for ever. I had to unplug it.Tried restoring in Itunes...shift restore to 3.0..but there was a msg in itunes...cant restore..erorr
    pls help friends

rgds

Thanks

Hi
    I just upgraded from 2.1 to 3.0 with Redsn0w without a hitch. Are you using a Mac?
    My instructions were for Mac users. However, there was an error in the tutorial.
    For Mac, it said press "shift" and click "restore" in the iTunes 8.2
    It should have said press "Option" and click restore so that you can navigate to the file iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw on your desktop.
    You have to download this file first as well as the 3.9 and 4.6 Bootloader files (check iclarified.com)

If you pressed "shift" and click restore you are going to download from iTunes. You don't want to do that.
    Once you have all the files in place in one folder you can do the restore then launch Redsn0w. The process is less than half hour to unlock and jailbreak

Shaun

3. The Following User Says Thank You to trinigianetti For This Useful Post:

harindr (2009-06-24)