Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: just updated to JB 3.0

Default just updated to JB 3.0
    so i did everything and JB went good.. so before i did i backed up all my files and cydia aps using 'aptbackup"
    so after the JB went through and i had no problems i downloaded aptbackup again from cydia and did a resotre..
    noting happend.??

so then i downloaded the ssh tool and was snooping around my phone to see if i still had my stuff in there and i did!
    so i then downloaded winterboad and did a restart and opend the app and there was no themes? so i went back to ssh and looked again and they were all there.. but one thing i noticed was that some folders got duplicated?? some had my themes that i had made and the otherones had nothning..

has this happend to any one? and if so what should i do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need to transfer the folder you found your themes in into the new themes folder made. I just copied to my comp from ssh, then from my comp copied back into the new folder.

Here's a pic. Basically you should now have 2 folders but only 1 works of course, and that's the one where none of your themes are, that is until you transfer them over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled-2.png  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

carlos916 (2009-06-24)

hey thanks for the reply yeah i ended up figureing that out for my themes but check this out..
    i ended up deleting a folder or two ..but when i deleted one of my ringtone folders i deleted the wrong one and now all my stock rigntones are gone but i dont mind its just that when my alarms go off the phone just vibrates..
    but yeah any body else with this problems and what folders or things should i erease
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.jpg  

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Try adding a ringtones folder. Just name it plain Ringtones like it shows in my pic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

carlos916 (2009-06-24)

tried it and didnt work.. but its ok i just restored and jb the iphone again.. and this time i didnt use apptbackup so i dont have that problem of double folders.. so im going to start from scratch .. but i did save my theme files

but thanks for the help!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

This time just back things up manually, that's what I always do 

9. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

carlos916 (2009-06-25)