Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help unjailbreaking.

Default help unjailbreaking.
    Hello all.

I am a little confused about how to do this. First off a little info about the iphone.

currently running firmware 2.2.1
    I used quickpwn for the jailbreak
    I am an at&t customer

I would like to restore it back to the factory settings with the 2.2.1 firmware.

Do I just click the restore button in itunes? If I do this will I lose all my contacts?

Or do I restore from a backup? I want to get rid of all the Jailbroken stuff on the iphone.

Another note. I upgraded the iphone to the 2.2.1 firmware after I purchased it. Does this affect anything?
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but i googled it and got even more confused.

Thanks for any and all help
    Terry

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Just do a fresh restore in iTunes it will remove all jailbroken stuff.

OK, will I lose any of my contact info?

Then I can update to the 3.0 correct?

Thanks

you will lose everything if you restore. you can sync with Outlook Ex or google address book to get your contacts if you used one of them in your original back ups.
    You can update to 3.0 and then sync and all your stuff will return.
    I thought you wanted to delete all jailbreak info?

I have not used outlook or google address book on any backup.
    I would like to have the iphone back to the way it was before the jailbreak. Does this make sense? I am wanting to update to the new 3.0 firmware. after I restore it back to pre-jailbreak condition. I read also that you will lose 500m of storage by just updating. Sorry for the trouble, I am no up to date with the terminology.

Thanks

No problem, you D/L the files needed for jailbreak and update your iTunes to 8.2. Once your ready upgrade your phone to 3.0 then run the J/B. when your finished you can sync with iTunes from a backup and there you go.
    Also, doing it this way most everything you had in your phone will return except jailbroken apps which you'll have to re-download.

I am not wanting to jailbreak the 3.0 firmware at the moment. I would like to try it out before jailbreaking. I want to get the phone back the way it was before I jailbroke 2.2.1, Then I will update to the 3.0, I am concerned about loosing all contact info if I just hit the restore button in itunes

Thanks

you'll be fine, just update your iTunes and them run the 3.0 on your Phone, your contacts should all be there as long as to don't restore as a new phone.

ok so just update to the new 8.2 version of itunes.
    Then update the iphone to the new 3.0, and this will unjailbreak and not lose contact info. What about loosing 500m of storage by updating a jailbroke iphone is this true?