Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 3.0 jailbreak passcode lock problem

Default iPhone 3G 3.0 jailbreak passcode lock problem
    I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G unlock version to 3.0, and found that I occasionally have problem with the passcode lock.

When awoke from lockscreen, the number "2" cannot be pressed in the lock pad. Therefore I cannot unlock the screen as my passcode contains a '2'. I have to reboot, and then it can accept the '2' key only after reboot. All other keys are intact.

So, far I only have SBSettings, biteSMS, CallClear, Categories, MCleaner, QuickLock, Winterboard installed.

Does anybody here experience the same problem? I now try to use another combination without a '2'.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

On FW 2.2 (not sure about 3.0), all passwords are stored in the file /private/var/Keychains/keychain-2.db. Deleting this with OpenSSH or DiskAid and reboot will eliminate the lock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

mrbones123185 (2009-11-03)

thanks MES but the problem is that the touch screen seemed to not be able to recognise my touch on the '2' key. no black dot even when I pressed hard. I rebooted and no more similar problem now. I shall see again later; it occurred twice this morning and last night.

after deleting IntelliScreen/Rock/IntelliDial, and reinstalling them again, seems not reproducible now. Let me observe for a longer while.

I suspect the intelliDial touch flow remnants might be causing the problem.

Thanks anyway.