Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH into 2G iPhone OS 3.0?

Question SSH into 2G iPhone OS 3.0?
    Hi all,

Few simple (and stupid?) questions! I followed redsn0w guide, everything works fine except custom ringones. The question I had were:

1. Can I use WinSCP to SSH into 2G iPhone OS 3.0?
    2. If so, which app do I need to install from Cydia? I tried looking, but there are few SSH apps.
    3. Is there a way to have SSH not on all the time? I have seen some iPhone screenshots that have option to turn SSH on and off (like a switch). How do I do that?
    4. Lastly, anyone know where the pre-installed ringtones are saved in the iPhone directory?

I plan on changing the file name of the ones I have to the ones on iPhone and over write them, as for some reason my custom ringtones, when put into ringtones "playlist" in iTunes doesn't work. It copies to the playlist, but when I go to sound option on the phone, only the first one in the playlist shows up like 5 times.

Anyone run into this?

Thank you!

1. Can I use WinSCP to SSH into 2G iPhone OS 3.0?

Yes

2. If so, which app do I need to install from Cydia? I tried looking, but there are few SSH apps.

OpenSSH and Automatic SSH

3. Is there a way to have SSH not on all the time? I have seen some iPhone screenshots that have option to turn SSH on and off (like a switch). How do I do that?

SBSettings

4. Lastly, anyone know where the pre-installed ringtones are saved in the iPhone directory?

/var/stash/Ringtones.xxxxx
    The xxxxx varies from phone to phone, but it is the only one named ringtones.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

MueldersX2 (2009-06-24), sowatup (2009-06-23)

Thank you Neo!

Anyone experience the custom ringtone issue I am having with 2G iPhone OS 3.0?