Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Jailbreak for 3G?

Default 3.0 Jailbreak for 3G?
    Hi I was just wondering, Ive seen all the jailbreaks being released for mac and such, but is there a jailbreak available now for 3G on windows?
    And is it technique to jailbreak? But now do you readsn0w?
    Please anyone help me out

Thanks

Yes use redsn0w to jailbreak it. It still, however, cannot unlock the 3G. It is available on Windows and it is basically idiot proof. If your iPhone is unlocked then updated to 3.0 will re-lock it to AT&T.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

im hoping you guys will be able to help me, I`m really new to this. i got an iphone from a buddy of mine
    Version 2.2.1 (5h11)
    Modem Firmware 02.30.03

the phone has the pineapple wen i start it so i kno it has been jailbroken or unlocked or whatever, i need help making this iphone work on tmobile, i gone thru so many threads and im so confused. can i even unlock it at this point, i think my friend might have updated it and i read in a post if i have FW 2.30.03 that i cant unlock until Dev finds a new way.

Any info would be a Thanks to me

Unlocking means being able to use T-Mobile. 02.30.03 cannot be unlocked. It can still be jailbroken though. Wait until Ultrasn0w comes out, then you can upgrade to 3.0 and unlock it.

Smile the another relevant question.
    My 3G iPhone got version 2.2 (5G77) with Modem Firmware 02.11.07 and also officially unlocked from Australia. What I am thinking is what if I do use redsn0w for jail breaking then ultrasn0w for unlocking. Will iPhone get back locked again if I use both? or Am I supposed to use only redsn0w for jail breaking then doing nothing with unlocking process?

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by liverpool; 2009-06-23 at 08:15 PM.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Unlocking means being able to use T-Mobile. 02.30.03 cannot be unlocked. It can still be jailbroken though. Wait until Ultrasn0w comes out, then you can upgrade to 3.0 and unlock it.
    I appreciate ur answer.... And i believe ultrasn0w was jus released so now i can unlock my phone right? Even if i have 2.30.03 ??

You can upgrade to 3.0 and then unlock it. I don't think that it works on 02.30.03 baseband, but it works on the new one that is for OS 3.0.

Ok so basically i download readsn0w like I downloaded pwnage in the past?
    Is there any guides available?
    Even its its idiot proof, I just want to make sure I do it correct...and does cydia function properly in 3.0 like can I transfer or redownload the exact same files?

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1212 View Post
    Ok so basically i download readsn0w like I downloaded pwnage in the past?
    Is there any guides available?
    Even its its idiot proof, I just want to make sure I do it correct...and does cydia function properly in 3.0 like can I transfer or redownload the exact same files?
    Cydia works but there are some applications that currently have issues with the 3.0 FW. You also cannot use AptBackup to restore all previously downloaded programs - these and any sources will have to be manually downloaded/setup.

and also what about hacked apps like ones that i didnt get from teh app store? Do i install the mobile installation file again for those?

We don't help you with that here. It's against forum rules.