Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manual installation help wanted......

Default Manual installation help wanted......
    I have been using iphone FW 1.1.3 and have been trying to manually intall a few apps on it this is what is do...

1. Use winscp to transfer app folder from desktop to var/mobile/library.
    2. Change the permission of the files using properties to 775.
    3. end session turn the phone off.
    4. turn it on and thats it....nothing happens..

am i missing something please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

/private/var/applications is where you need to copy your apps.

thanks for the reply but i am using 1.1.3 and /private/var/applications is not 1.1.3 installs applications i presume...one more thing after changing permissions and restarting when i browse to the location using mobile finder there is an icon of the application i copied along with other applications installed with installer...
    Last edited by cyanide; 2008-03-12 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't quite follow you, but if you copy the ???.app folder into the location where all your other app folders are and then restart the phone (or re-spring) then this should be all you need to do. A quick question though... what are you trying to install that is not available via installer?

Hmmm its strange cant quite get it myself i just tried copying the folder to the root/applications and it worked but its folder is not is not available at var/mobile/library and if i copy it to var/mobile/library i get its icon and it does not work or show up on springboard.

Actually i am trying to install SwapPhoto for 1.1.3 which i downloaded from a thread on this forum if i get a salution a want to install SMSD beta for 1.1.3 as well....thanks for your help...