Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidently installed both cydia and icy. How do I delete?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile Accidently installed both cydia and icy. How do I delete?
    Hi all,

A quicky question if I may!

Jail broke my 3g successfully without problems but accidently installed Icy as well as cydia.

How do I go about deleting Icy?

Cheers

Emby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emby For This Useful Post:

Sony20104u (2010-09-18)

my guess would be to restore using the standard .ipsw file and then perform the jailbreak again but this time deselect the icy option.

Or a MUCH easier solution would be to download CyDelete from Cydia, go into settings, CyDelete settings and make sure you let it delete Icy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louis438 For This Useful Post:

bisaballer12 (2009-07-20), tacobeans1234 (2009-07-05)

Default delete Icy
    -boardheadaj

also a easy way to delete icy with out down loading any other apps search on Icy...
    Icy and look for Icy installer instal Icy again it will instal but no new icon will aper on your home screen the open Icy again and go to installed look for Icy and click remove Icy then turn off your iphone/i touch and turn back on and Icy will be gone for good

hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by boardheadaj View Post
    -boardheadaj

also a easy way to delete icy with out down loading any other apps search on Icy...
    Icy and look for Icy installer instal Icy again it will instal but no new icon will aper on your home screen the open Icy again and go to installed look for Icy and click remove Icy then turn off your iphone/i touch and turn back on and Icy will be gone for good

hope it works
    Worked beautifully, thanks.

i tried this and i get a error message everytime Package "shell-cmda" cannot be installed (DPKG returned error #2). more ionformation can probably be found in console log, when i go to colsole log I get another error: setuidperation not permitted
    setgid: operation not permitted
    dpkg: request operation requires superuser privilage

any idea?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

You were able to get into cydia after you also downloaded icy? You don't have to restore you can just re-jailbreak it and make sure you do not check Icy. Or Download Black Rain blackra1n Although it does take some patience using Blackra1n it took me about 10 trys before it finally worked.

I can not get rid of Icy either. I installed Icy with blackra1n. I can not remove it with cydelete, it does not give me the red x. I have tried to restore from back up but it keeps everything the same. I would try to ssh but to not have a wireless network available to me right now. Any other options?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you go into Winscp and delete Icy from "/private/var/stash/Applications/Icy.app" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Louis438 View Post
    Or a MUCH easier solution would be to download CyDelete from Cydia, go into settings, CyDelete settings and make sure you let it delete Icy.
    I can't actually access anything at the moment! i can't "activate cellular data network" does that mean access to internet? I should be!! If i tried ot access cydia i get a message up on a red background saying ....cydia doesn't know what it's running?! I can't get the message back up now but basically, I can't access it to download anything to be able to delete ICY. I'm getting really frustrated with this 'cause not sure what i'm doing - not really up on this stuff! any simple solutions? I'm sitting near to a window right now and the way I feel....!! Hoping you can help here?! )

I can't actually access anything at the moment! get message that i can't "activate cellular data network" does that mean access to internet? I should be on!! If i try to access cydia i get a message up on a red background saying "Your copy of cydia doesn't know what version it is, itself, running?! I can't get the message back up now but basically, I can't access it to download anything to be able to delete ICY. Getting really frustrated Hoping someone can help PLEASE!
    Last edited by hazpas; 2010-01-06 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hazpas View Post
    I can't actually access anything at the moment! i can't "activate cellular data network" does that mean access to internet? I should be!! If i tried ot access cydia i get a message up on a red background saying ....cydia doesn't know what it's running?! I can't get the message back up now but basically, I can't access it to download anything to be able to delete ICY. I'm getting really frustrated with this 'cause not sure what i'm doing - not really up on this stuff! any simple solutions? I'm sitting near to a window right now and the way I feel....!! Hoping you can help here?! )

I can't actually access anything at the moment! get message that i can't "activate cellular data network" does that mean access to internet? I should be on!! If i try to access cydia i get a message up on a red background saying "Your copy of cydia doesn't know what version it is, itself, running?! I can't get the message back up now but basically, I can't access it to download anything to be able to delete ICY. Getting really frustrated : Hoping someone can help PLEASE!

were you able to load cydia and install OpenSSH before cydia freaked out? If you did then get winSCP and follow the file path written out in the post above yours. If not.....time to re JB...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Quote Originally Posted by Peted View Post
    i tried this and i get a error message everytime Package "shell-cmda" cannot be installed (DPKG returned error #2). more ionformation can probably be found in console log, when i go to colsole log I get another error: setuidperation not permitted
    setgid: operation not permitted
    dpkg: request operation requires superuser privilage

any idea?
    I get the same problem...were you able to find a solution for it? please reply asap.